Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Auctions Insight Reports Comparison.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all, 

Google Adwords has auctions insight reports telling us about the competitive metric, But I have a few questions to asking about Impression Shared & Top of page rate. 

My impression shared is 90% but top of page rate is 34%, From this result meaning my Ads rank worse than the competitors right. Or to be understanding, The customer will see 100 times but in the top of the page rate is about 33 times. So how can we raising up the top of the page rate to increasing the conversion as much as possible. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auctions Insight Reports Comparison.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Apiwat,
I guess this two definations can help you -

Impression share is the number of impressions you received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive. Eligibility is based on your current ads' targeting settings, approval statuses, bids, and Quality Scores. In the Auction insights report, impression share also tells you the impression share of other advertisers as a proportion of the auctions in which you were also competing.

Top of page rate tells you how often your ad (or the ad of another participant, depending on which row you're viewing) was shown at the top of the page, above the unpaid search results.
This report provides information on other advertisers who participated in the same auctions as you. This doesn't indicate that the other advertisers have the same advertising settings as you. The other advertisers' metrics shown are based only on instances when your ads were also estimated to be eligible to appear. This report won't reveal the actual keywords, quality, bids, or settings from your campaigns, and it won't give you insight into the same information for others.

Regards
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apiwat C
September 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Apiwat,

Note: Though the top positions ads are considered to give better results but it is not necessary that an ad on 1st position will convert the most.

You can bid for top positions either manually or using automated bid strategy.

Manually:
Add the estimated top page bid metrics from the column tab and bid accordingly.
Go to keywords tab >> columns >> modify columns >> attributes >> add Est. first page bid >> apply.

Automated:
You can also use automated bid strategy: "Target search page location - Top of the first results page"
Get more details about Target search page location bid strategy.

Please note that both the strategies(manual and automated) do not guarantee that your ad will show at top positions, all the time.
There are a lot of factors which come into play during real time auction including ad scheduling, bid adjustments(location, device, ad scheduling, RLSA) by the competitors and your QS.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Apiwat_C,

Impression share is a separate metric from top of page rate. Impression share has to do with total opportunity of the market share you have available, given the targeting options you have made (i.e. keyword selection, geographical locations, etc).

Out of 100 times your ads could show, given your settings, you showed 9/10 possible. This means your account is 90% efficient given total market share potential.

Top of the page rate is a separate metric that measures how often, given your ads accrue an impression, are within the top 3 (or 4 if the keyword is considered "highly competitive") positions on the page. If your top of page rate is 34%, out of all impressions you have had, 34 / 100 of your impressions are in the top 3 or 4 positions of the page.

Your final question involves targeting a position on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). This is fairly easy to do using the shared llibrary -> bid strategies. Select a target top of page bid strategy which allows you to set where you wish your ads to show on the page (first result, top of page, first page, etc) and a maximum cost per click (max CPC) you are willing to pay ever.

Let me know if this breakdown helps or if you have more questions.

Nick

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks guys, To answers the questions. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Auction Insights report is showing based on 2% impression available. This is frustrating. Its not giving right picture. I wanted to know Auction Insights based my all campaigns together.