AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Auction Insights Report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Concerning the Auction Insights Report what are your guys key takeaways that can be learned from the report?

At the moment I use it to gain an  understanding if competition does day partying if an ad for example is on position 1 but just for 30% of the time.

Any other best practices?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Auction Insights Report

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

We can also use it to understand who drives the most impression share and also "Top Of Page rate".  Using both of the metrics together could be very useful, since they can give you even on insights about ad scheduling(sometimes) and whether your competitor budget is higher than yours.

For eg:

For a single keyword, you can recieve 95% of IS and your competitor recieves only 45% but your competitor has 70% as "Top of page rate" and also 70% of "Position Above rate".

This could mean, you get nearly all of impressions but wheneever your competitor gets selected in auction, they get higher position than yours.

This insight is helpful if any particular keyword is very important to you.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
One big thing we focus on is competitive ad performance. In our approach, better CTR is definitive of who will get more marketshare.

Additionally, while Google gives you a top vs. Other segment, it isn't very clear on a broad scope how often you've really dominated the landscape, and who is beating you.

This tool is an amazing way to identify why you aren't on top, and who is beating you... then look at their ad copy and :cough: steal it Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

We can also use it to understand who drives the most impression share and also "Top Of Page rate".  Using both of the metrics together could be very useful, since they can give you even on insights about ad scheduling(sometimes) and whether your competitor budget is higher than yours.

For eg:

For a single keyword, you can recieve 95% of IS and your competitor recieves only 45% but your competitor has 70% as "Top of page rate" and also 70% of "Position Above rate".

This could mean, you get nearly all of impressions but wheneever your competitor gets selected in auction, they get higher position than yours.

This insight is helpful if any particular keyword is very important to you.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi semnews

Great posts! I'm going to feature it at the top of the discussion boards.

You night want to check a user written article by PPCBosman on Auction Insight

And  if you wish, check also these 2 theads:

1. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results-use-Analytics/Auction-Insight/m-p/27029#M125...

2. https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results-optimize-ROI-CTR/New-Auction-Insights/td-p/2...

..and if you use the search functionality, you might find more! Smiley Happy 

Good luck,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

I am new to the Adwords community.

I saw your post and liked it.

The best practise of this is competition. This helps to know where your primary keywords stand in compared to your competitors.

You can work on of keywords that are loosing a big impression share to your competitors.

A great feture in Adwords.

Thanks,

Pravu.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Welcome, Pravu! I'm glad you found this post helpful. Hope to see you around.
Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
One big thing we focus on is competitive ad performance. In our approach, better CTR is definitive of who will get more marketshare.

Additionally, while Google gives you a top vs. Other segment, it isn't very clear on a broad scope how often you've really dominated the landscape, and who is beating you.

This tool is an amazing way to identify why you aren't on top, and who is beating you... then look at their ad copy and :cough: steal it Smiley Wink

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Absoluttely. Thank you.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@ Zee @ PPCBOSMAN , Can you pl give me link for that article