AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Are you that conservative in dealing with ad rank fluctuation?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you that conservative in dealing with ad rank fluctuation? 

SCENARIO: CAMPAIGN START DATE: MAY 2012

By the month of August, you had decreased the CPC bid since your bid is too much from the estimated top page bid, However, this has caused your ad to rank between 1.2 - 1.3 conservatively.

Quality Score is ranging from 7-10. CTR is decreasing conservatively as well.

I am looking forward to hear your thoughts.

More Power,
Loraine
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Are you that conservative in dealing with ad rank fluctuation?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I think there is no need to be worry about, your ads are already in top 1-2 positions and as you know no one can give gaurantee to always be in 1st positions. For each search query, even you type same keywords, you can see different ad positions, which depends on how much competitiors are bidding for that keyword, keywords QS and performance of your keywords in that particular region. For the decrease in CTR there can be lots of reason, check the keywords performance, search terms reports or use more negative keywords and try to write down the 1-2 more ads text with call to actions for your repective ad groups.

Just a thought,

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I think there is no need to be worry about, your ads are already in top 1-2 positions and as you know no one can give gaurantee to always be in 1st positions. For each search query, even you type same keywords, you can see different ad positions, which depends on how much competitiors are bidding for that keyword, keywords QS and performance of your keywords in that particular region. For the decrease in CTR there can be lots of reason, check the keywords performance, search terms reports or use more negative keywords and try to write down the 1-2 more ads text with call to actions for your repective ad groups.

Just a thought,

Dinesh
My Blog

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I´d run a segmented report for "Top vs Other" regularly as well.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi there, 

You could also try running an Auction Insights report, which could help you see how you're doing against your competitors and how your average position holds up next to them for certain keywords. This could help you determine your next steps in terms of your bidding strategy. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Loraine

Any worry from the mentioned sceriao would be if the output (conversions) start falling..Also,I would be worried about my ad creatives..

The decline in ad position which you have mentioned is not much but if it is resulting into a gradual and discomforting decline in CTR probably the ad copies are not inticing enough and earlier the ad was merely generating clicks because of its top position..(Though further data segmentation would help intrepreting the situation more)