AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Are Anonymous Placements "names" the same over time?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone!
I have a display campaign running for half a year. One of the automatic placements is anonymous.google, I know that this are advertisers who don't want to make their ur public. This placement brings conversions at an average cost per conversion, but at the same time is the one that has the highest costs and we want to reduce this.

I don't want to exclude anonymous.google , because we would lose a lot of conversions. So my question is if  the names of the placements are consistent over time?

Example:   hello.com decide not to be visible and appears in my account as  777bbb888.anonymous.google , will hello.com ALWAYS be 777bbb888.anonymous.google or this might change?

If I decide to pause ONLY 777bbb888.anonymous.google because performance is not good. This assures me that I'm only pausing this anonymous placement and that it wont appear again with another name?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Are Anonymous Placements "names" the same over time?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Daniela P;

With anonymous placements the answer - yes. I have no statistics, but once an advertiser decides to be an  anonymous  - this status will be for a long time...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Are Anonymous Placements "names" the same over time?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @MosheTVL , thanks for your answer.
I will pause them and will come with some statistics if it's useful for others.