AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

App install optimization tips

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running an app install campaign, it is basically a recharge app. Where one can find recharge plans, & also can recharge online etc. Targeting is open. Right now am getting an install at average of 150-200. can anyone tell me how to optimize an campaign so that i can achieve install at 20-25. I am ruining display campaign, universal app campaign &  google search campaign.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vaishali s
October 2015

Re: App install optimization tips

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey, if your objective is only installs, then you should run the universal campaign and set a bid of your choice. Google will try to get you installs at that rate.

However, as i understand you are already running that along with the display and search network. I would suggest to not do the same as universal campaign itself covers these things (networks) in its targeting. You should set a lower bid in your universal campaign.

If this still doesnt work for you, then try to go niche on your targeting. Try to check the hours, demographics, targeting for your normal live campaigns and optimization steps basis the same.

Very basic question, i hope the display and search campaign that you are running are mobile install or a mobile app campaign..

Regards
Rohit Khanna

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vaishali s
October 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey, if your objective is only installs, then you should run the universal campaign and set a bid of your choice. Google will try to get you installs at that rate.

However, as i understand you are already running that along with the display and search network. I would suggest to not do the same as universal campaign itself covers these things (networks) in its targeting. You should set a lower bid in your universal campaign.

If this still doesnt work for you, then try to go niche on your targeting. Try to check the hours, demographics, targeting for your normal live campaigns and optimization steps basis the same.

Very basic question, i hope the display and search campaign that you are running are mobile install or a mobile app campaign..

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for replying Rohit.

Yes display & search campaign are for mobile installs. My objective is only app installs. I want to achieve around 20000 install from google in this month & i also have good budget for the same. So basically i want installs at 20-25 rs, is it possible at intial stage? if yes then please tell me what should be strategy for campaign & also tell me should i run on cpc or cpa?

I am currently running 9 different campaign. I have made to 2 universal campaign with two different ad copies. i have created 2 campaign with open targeting, where only i have uploaded image ads with different creatives in both the campaign. I have created two separate campaign where targeting is only games & all demographics, & i have made two adgroup in it with different creatives. Also two other campaign with only text ads with targeting in one is game & in other campaign entertainment, media & all demographic. And also 1 campaign for google search, keywords like recharge app, online recharge , easy recharge etc.

I am running on CPA model & bid is around Rs.50-60 . The problem is even after keeping high bid & budget am not getting enough numbers of clicks & impression. I have started this campaign yesterday.

Please give me suggestion on how to improve campaign performance & also how to achieve this target.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

As i said, don't run multiple campaigns as it will compete with each other.

Try to run a universal campaign only for sometime and set a CPA bid of your choice (maybe around Rs. 30) and check if you are getting the same value.

Regards

Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Vaishali,

Not sure if you've resolved this issue or not. But I am currently running similar campaigns. A couple of things I noticed - 

1. The conversion rate from Universal App Campaign (Installs as conversions) is the lowest of all sources - FB, Insta, 3rd Party Ad Networks etc. Currently, we have a C.R of 1% on Universal App in comparison to 32% & 35% on FB & Instagram respectively and around 3% on third party Ad Networks. The other metrics that we track also drop majorly for the Universal App campaign (less than 40% signup rate, in comparison to 70% average for all other sources).

2. The cost has been around Rs.30/Install for me whereas the other campaigns have it around Rs.50/Install. When I tried to optimize my campaigns to in-app actions, the cost shot up immediately to Rs.60 but the actual impact on the in-app actions for a 3 week period was essentially too insignificant to warrant continuing optimization for in-app actions. 

3. I switched back to optimizing for mobile app installs and 5 days later, the cost was back to around Rs.35 per install. 

The thing here is I can't really optimize my audience with universal app campaigns, except for locations & creative copy. 

So all things considered, I am not even sure if I should even continue running these campaigns any longer. The audience I get from these campaigns barely interact with the app, make fewer transactions than any other source and bring my other performance metrics down drastically. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Just stop it as Google now will force you to run only UAC and put Search and Display to sleep forever. UAC is another Google scam where you do not have control over ur ads and cannot optimize. Doing so marketers are forced to use UAC, trust Google (which history teaches us to be the worst thing you can do with your money) and see all your budget being depleted.