AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Any Way to Stop Showing Ads to People Who already Clicked on Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All

Is there any way of to stop serving ads to people who already converted Or Clicked on the ads as i'm working on a website where people subscribe to see latest deals and i dont want to show my ads to people who been to the website and subscribed?

Thanks,

Harry

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Any Way to Stop Showing Ads to People Who already Clicked on Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

What's the overall concern about showing (search) ads to already converting users - CTR and Q score by chance? MY opinion is that it's a mistake to optimize based soley on Q score. How many times has a QS walked into your store and made a purchase, or completed any conversion event. Smiley Happy 

Do you have a connected analytics account (I assume). What do the visitor duration, or visits to purchase numbers look like? what about return visitor lifetime value? Perhaps a user staying engaged with your business, even if they continue to click on ads is not a bad thing (?). Is there any way to look at this problem that could turn a challenge into an opportunity?

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

I understand the concern, but how often does/could this happen, and perhaps more importantly, why?

If a converting user is attempting to return to your site, and did not bookmark it, or can't find you organically, the click charge you may incur to retain the returning users interest in your your site is not necessarily wasted. Smiley Happy

What can you learn from the analytics new/returning visitor data? How many visits on average does it take before the majority of users convert? 

Tom

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

There's not a lot you can do with the search networks, but perhaps with the display network you could come close.

You may want to take a look at frequency capping, or remarkerting using custom combinations

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

All ready doing thats. but thanks anyways. Man Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

What's the overall concern about showing (search) ads to already converting users - CTR and Q score by chance? MY opinion is that it's a mistake to optimize based soley on Q score. How many times has a QS walked into your store and made a purchase, or completed any conversion event. Smiley Happy 

Do you have a connected analytics account (I assume). What do the visitor duration, or visits to purchase numbers look like? what about return visitor lifetime value? Perhaps a user staying engaged with your business, even if they continue to click on ads is not a bad thing (?). Is there any way to look at this problem that could turn a challenge into an opportunity?

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The concern is I want to pay for a subscriber. If some one already subscribed and then again search for us and comes to website by clicking on the ad it just a wasted click. My Budget is limited and I want to spend that money to get new subscriptions. so I was looking for a way to not to show the ads to people who already Subscribed or Converted.

Re: Stop re-showing ad on Search after clicked

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello harry_gill Welcome to our community ;

This is a nice question;

On Search network; Privacy Policy allows a cookie to keep track on ads shown to a user. Google does not disclose how many times ad clicked is re-shown. As far as the "standard" AdWords setting, as Tom said, I am not familiar with a solution.

On the Display Network : You might be able to  find a solution using remarketing, or by having your own cookie. Look at the following earlier discussion,  by Pete, that can suggest a direction.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

I understand the concern, but how often does/could this happen, and perhaps more importantly, why?

If a converting user is attempting to return to your site, and did not bookmark it, or can't find you organically, the click charge you may incur to retain the returning users interest in your your site is not necessarily wasted. Smiley Happy

What can you learn from the analytics new/returning visitor data? How many visits on average does it take before the majority of users convert? 

Tom

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
i have 10-15% returning visitors with 0 seconds on the site . A solution to this would be nice.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Adrian B;

This discussion is closed; Please open a new one detailing your case;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’