1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Analytics experiments and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up my first Google Analytics experiment on two variants of the same landing page, and i understand that i will be able to track the performance of this test in Analytics.

My question is - can I track the results this experiment in Adwords, and if so, what do I need to do?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics experiments and Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per the help center reference: when you are using the destination URL which you have created various Content experiments for,  a random sample of your website visitors who go to that destination URL will see one of different pages, including your original web page. So once the data is gathered, you can analyse and determine which landing page variation works best for you and which not.

I would suggest you to read this article for more insights: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404033?hl=en

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj,

I think you have helped my understanding, but I am still unclear on my my basic question.

To give more detail, I have an Ad Group with a couple of ads and a handful of keywords that are all directed to a landing page. In Analytics, I have set up an experiment so that 50% of users will go to one version of the landing page and another 50% will go to another version (my Analytics and Adwords are linked). What I suspect happens is that when I use Adwords to look at the Ad Group stats it will show me the conversions / bounce rate / time on page for an aggregate of the two landing pages. What I would like to do is have Adwords break out the statistics for the two versions of the landing pages so i can compare them.

Am I able to do this through Adwords?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Exasperant
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I understood, since the Content Experiments is a functionality of Google Analytics, so you will be getting better insights and reporting about the different versions of your landing page in Google Analytics itself. Once your experiment is complete, based on the stats you get, you can decide and run the specific landing page for your AdWords campaigns.

Pankaj