4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Almost no impressions on remarketing display adverts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having some problems with a remarketing display advert campaign.

I have two ad groups: one with 300x250 and 728x90 image adverts (1 impression), both set to £3 per click. The other with a single text advert (44 impressions), set to £2 per click.

I have 480 members in my audience list - which I believe has been correctly added to the campaign, as I have had 1 impression.

The campaign was created a week ago. I haven't had any impressions in either group for several days.

Can anyone offer any advice on what I can check?

Thanks,

Martin

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Almost no impressions on remarketing display adverts

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Martin,

I find the remarketing lists take quite a bit of time to get really going, especially with a smaller audience list.

One thing I would recommend straight away would be to create more ad variations (get as many sizes done as possible) as some publishers only display certain sizes and if you have all ad formats covered, you can get the highest potential ad exposure.

You need to remember the people in your audience list have to be online and on a website that is displaying Google ads for the chance to see your ads. Does your target audience do a lot of surfing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone have any stats on how well-used each banner size is?

The target market does spend a lot of time online, so I don't think that's going to help. 

What sort of typical bid price would you put on a 300x250 remarketing banner?

Best,

Martin

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Martin-s, 

Thanks for your post! I don't have any of the stats that you asked for I'm afraid, but one thing that might help would be to add in other sizes for your image ads. Not all sites on the display network offer the same size of inventory, so it might help get you some more traffic to increase the number of size options you have abvailable to you, so you could appear on more websites. (Keeping a text ad in your campaign might also help as text ads can also run quite successfully on the Display Network.) 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Martin,

If you go to pages 24-25 on this document it shows you the top ad sizes, which sizes are trending and a lot more information in the PDF you can use.

It'll give you enough to get you doing some more ads no doubt :-)

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Martin-s,

Purefuzz provided some useful information there. The Placement Tool provides placements in the Google Display Network that are relevant to your ads. Although this is not required for a remarketing campaign, within this tool you can filter results by specific ad sizes. It might help provide an insight into potential ad sizes for you. 

Thanks,

Rachel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both, I'll do some more digging.

Martin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue.  I have 610 members and have uploaded the 5 most used IAB sizes.  My CPC is relatively low, but the 3 impressions I do have are at 'position 1', so I don't think it's a matter of clicks.

I think I have something set up incorrectly - can you help me troubleshoot potential issues?

Thanks,

Rupal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the end I had to get AdWords support involved. Their automated systems had incorrectly flagged the advert as a "get rich quick scheme".

It took around two weeks to get that far though - AdWords support response times leave a lot to be desired.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How did you get the ad words team involved?