AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

All of a sudden my ads have stopped receiving clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the avg position is down to 1.2. DOn't know why. Should I increase the bid?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

1.2 is actually a fantastic average position, it means that most of the time your adverts are showing at the top of the page.

What do you mean by stopped receiving clicks? Is it the CTR that has dropped or have impressions gone all together?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Per Mathew 1.2 is an excellent ad position.  The top ad position is 1.  1.2 means your ad shows in position 2 only ~20% of the time, most of the time it is in the top position on the search engine results page (SERP). 

Tell us more about how you have arrived at the conclusion that your ads have stopped getting clicks.  How many impressions have they received in the past 24 hrs? What has been your average CTR?  

Common reasons for ads to stop running: credit card issues (there will be a red notice at the top of the AdWords page).  Ads disapproved because of policy violations, or links that stop working - click on the "Ads" tab and look for warnings.  

Google has recently tightened requirements in some markets due to legal concerns, especially medical-related. I have seen some campaigns stopped due to that, after Google reviewed ads and/or landing pages. Usually it is resolvable with changes to the ad copy, or copy on the landing page.