5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

All competitors use licensed brands in their ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We sell accessories for another brand's products. This brand is licensed and we can not use it in our ad.

The strange thing is: ~80% of our competitors do use the brand name in their ads! Some of them are very new and small companies. I really can not imagine that all of them went through the authorization process. It is very hard to achieve for this brand, especially since they are competitors as well.

Are those ads possibly policy violations that I should report?

One thing to mention is: Our company is located in the Netherlands, but the ads are targeted in Germany (where also most of our competitors are located). Does that make a difference, or is only the target market relevant?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: All competitors use licensed brands in their ads

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Which country are you located in, André?

AdWords Trademark Policy / Trademark terms used in ad text

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our company is located in the Netherlands, but we advertise for the German market.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yup, based on what you are saying it might be trademark infringement. I'd report on them here:

*** Trademark Complaint Form ***
https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmcomplaint

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What I am wondering is how this is possible? There is no way you can use that word, the ad will always be disapproved. But stil everybody does it. I am wondering, if maybe there is another reason why they can use it and we don't?