Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

All ads stopped showing, alleged reason: location targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

All of my ads, in several different campaigns, which target the whole U.S, have all of the sudden stopped showing. the bubble says: "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen."

I've checked as well with the ad preview tool, get the same messages for different states.

I have started all these campaigns about 3 days ago.

there's no Adwords support until Monday, any way to understand what's going on here before that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: All ads stopped showing, alleged reason: location targeting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jay,

This article from our community deals with the same issue and has great answers. Feel free to reply here, if you're still facing the problem.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having a similar problem with the Ad Preview Tool but the ads themselves seem to still be running. Keyword Diagnosis gives same result as bubble and preview tool.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It looks like Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool stopped working.

Since yesterday it is showing for all my kws/ads "Ad showing - No" - "Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen" although there is no drop in the impressions volume.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Dragan and Dan,

Did you check the location you've set in the Preview tool? As mentioned in that post, if your geo targeting is too narrow or very specific, you may not be able to preview it though your ads are actually serving.
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
As mentioned in my post, I have tried using the adwords preview tool as well, not only the bubble. the targeting I chose in the ad preview tool is exactly the same as my defined targeting in the campaigns. I am still receiving traffic, so in fact my ads are showing, and this rather seems as some sort of a bug in adwords system.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
This issue with Ad Preview tool has been reported several times in the past 24 hours and it is not unusual otherwise too to miss Ads in the preview tool. If you are getting impressions and clicks as usual with no abnormalities detected I dont think there should be an issue this. To conform whether or not your ads are showing, you may use proxy server settings and search using the keywords you are targeting

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sumanth, the location is set properly, it's a bug with the Ad Diagnostic tool.
Hopefully, Adwords employees will notice this thread and escalate the issue.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi All,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This issue has been detected by our technical team and they are currently looking into this. I'll update this thread when I have more information!

Kathleen,
AdWords Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it possible for Google to display a notice in the Adwords system that location-related features are currently broken? Outside of monitoring this thread, is the only option to keep trying until it seems to be fixed?