1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

After a full day only 1 impression?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying out adwords for the first time with an extremely cheap budget of $25.... roughly $1.79 per day. (I know not to expect a huge impression list, but only 1 impression?! really?!) I'm really curious to see how adwords really works. Anyway, my video ad is currently serving and after a full day of serving, I've only gotten 1 impression. ...Seems really odd to me. I limited my location to only the US and all devices at all times of the day. What can I do to improve my impressions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LionPatch
September 2015

Re: After a full day only 1 impression?!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I would have to agree that a budget of $1.79/day is low, especially for a video ad. You're not likely to see "how AdWords really works" unless you have a budget that actually allows your ads to serve.

The system is programmed not to overrun people's budgets--there's a formula that allows ad serving to be slowed and then paused each day when the campaign's budget is spent. An unrealistically low budget means your campaign activates first thing in the day, then is probably almost immediately slowed and then paused.

You would do better to test your ad serving for a smaller time-frame--say a day or a week--to allow your limited budget more room to actually serve ads.

Just my $0.02. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: After a full day only 1 impression?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I bumped it up to $25 per day... I'll see if that helps.