Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Affinity Categories on Interest Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

has anybody seen "Affinity Categories" in Interest Targeting? 

What exactly do they mean, and why don't they appear at every account I manage?

Thanks in advance,

Nikoletta

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Affinity Categories on Interest Targeting

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nikoletta M ! Welcome to the Community !

I am not able to see an "Affinity category" in the Interest targeting menu, however I did find this definition , which explains how the system evaluates similar placements, which are popular among the same users.

https://support.google.com/adplanner/answer/140502?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikoletta,

Yes I have these Affinity Categories for display accounts now as well. I believe it's being rolled out to selected accounts. They are micro-segemented groups based on people's interest so you can more precisely target audiences without necessarily building out manual placements based on your own demographic research.

best,
Paolo

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikoletta,

Affinity Targeting was rolled out recently and is essentially a quick way to target more users without having to do extensive placement research. Think of it as a marrying up of demographic matching and interest categories.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
To follow with Farhad's Reply, here is the link for detailed explanation in the help center;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497941

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’