AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Affinity Categories on Interest Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

has anybody seen "Affinity Categories" in Interest Targeting? 

What exactly do they mean, and why don't they appear at every account I manage?

Thanks in advance,

Nikoletta

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Affinity Categories on Interest Targeting

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nikoletta M ! Welcome to the Community !

I am not able to see an "Affinity category" in the Interest targeting menu, however I did find this definition , which explains how the system evaluates similar placements, which are popular among the same users.

https://support.google.com/adplanner/answer/140502?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikoletta,

Yes I have these Affinity Categories for display accounts now as well. I believe it's being rolled out to selected accounts. They are micro-segemented groups based on people's interest so you can more precisely target audiences without necessarily building out manual placements based on your own demographic research.

best,
Paolo

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nikoletta,

Affinity Targeting was rolled out recently and is essentially a quick way to target more users without having to do extensive placement research. Think of it as a marrying up of demographic matching and interest categories.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
To follow with Farhad's Reply, here is the link for detailed explanation in the help center;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497941

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’