3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried marketing my business on google, and it simply did not work, I have several other friends that tried it too and they said that the ROI was simply not worth it and sometimes a negative ROI, it was very confusing to navigate and the support at Google was not very good. I really thought that once you advertise on Google it would give some ROI and I have only read online that it has, but in the real world it did not produce.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Babak1,

I'm sorry to hear that AdWords did not work out for you and honestly, it is not always a perfect match for all businesses.

When you speak of ROI, I'm curious if you explored certain goals of using AdWords and set an actual value on the conversions that you were seeking from advertising online: leads, sales, website visits etc...

There are so many potential ways to make use of AdWords and it's unfortunate but sometimes advertisers do not set realistic goals and value prior to engaging in active advertising and cannot really determine an actual ROI.  Then add in the fact that AdWords is not as 'simple' as it may seem.  This is a very sophisticated machine that takes quite a bit of education, hard work and refinements to achieve a 'successful' campaign. There are no 'set it and forget it' methods with AdWords.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for here.  I didn't notice a question in your post.  But if you have any specific questions or concerns about moving forward with some updated campaigns, there are numerous AdWords wizards here that are more than willing to try help you out.

Please feel free to post any follow up questions as you see fit.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey babak1,

I can tell you that I've personally met hundreds of businesses that AdWords had basically saved their business - and helped them get ahead.

In this wonderful platform the QUALITY of the campaign will determine your cost-per-click - and that will effect your ROI.

Therefore, in order to get the best results you need to invest time and learn in order get the most of that system.

I truly recommend you to read more tips and information about how to optimize your campaign in AdWords - or even watch some YouTube videos and even.

I think the best place to start is: http://www.google.com/ads/learn/

You can also download this free book: A guide to building successful AdWords campaigns that was written by Google.

Don't give up on AW Smiley Wink

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Babak1,

I'm sorry to hear that AdWords did not work out for you and honestly, it is not always a perfect match for all businesses.

When you speak of ROI, I'm curious if you explored certain goals of using AdWords and set an actual value on the conversions that you were seeking from advertising online: leads, sales, website visits etc...

There are so many potential ways to make use of AdWords and it's unfortunate but sometimes advertisers do not set realistic goals and value prior to engaging in active advertising and cannot really determine an actual ROI.  Then add in the fact that AdWords is not as 'simple' as it may seem.  This is a very sophisticated machine that takes quite a bit of education, hard work and refinements to achieve a 'successful' campaign. There are no 'set it and forget it' methods with AdWords.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for here.  I didn't notice a question in your post.  But if you have any specific questions or concerns about moving forward with some updated campaigns, there are numerous AdWords wizards here that are more than willing to try help you out.

Please feel free to post any follow up questions as you see fit.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey babak1,

I can tell you that I've personally met hundreds of businesses that AdWords had basically saved their business - and helped them get ahead.

In this wonderful platform the QUALITY of the campaign will determine your cost-per-click - and that will effect your ROI.

Therefore, in order to get the best results you need to invest time and learn in order get the most of that system.

I truly recommend you to read more tips and information about how to optimize your campaign in AdWords - or even watch some YouTube videos and even.

I think the best place to start is: http://www.google.com/ads/learn/

You can also download this free book: A guide to building successful AdWords campaigns that was written by Google.

Don't give up on AW Smiley Wink

Asaf