AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords tracking code causing HTML validation errors.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My remarketing tag seems to be causing validation errors when I run it through http://validator.w3.org/

Is this a common thing? I think I have 6 errors on my page, most of them caused by google scripts. (error bellow).

thanks

Error Line 482, Column 19document type does not allow element "noscript" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

</script><noscript>

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords tracking code causing HTML validation errors.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi birchlore,

I can't say for certain without looking at the HTML on the page, but it sounds like your have placed the conversion script block within a block tag (div, p, td, etc).

Strictly speaking, and in terms of the W3 Validator, script tags may appear in the head or the body section of the document, and no further down in the doc hierarchy than that.

If you can, find that script and relocate it so it is just above the closing body tag. You should then be able to validate the document. Some CMS and template systems won't allow you to do that. Although it will not validate on the page, that does not necessarily mean you won't record conversions.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords