AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Adwords targeting the 1%er's

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company sells a product that can only be purchased by the 1%, how do I manage Adwords to keep the other 99% from seeing my ads?

All the advice that I get is really good advice if you are selling to the 99% but absolutely fails when targeting the 1%. I have tried broad match modifiers with some success but it wreaks havoc with my quality scores.

Re: Adwords targeting the 1%er's

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dad T

Welcome to the Community...!

As per my understanding, targeting exact match keywords with highly relevant ad copy will be the best way to target that kind of audience. Targeting broad or BMM match will definitely bring traffic that is not in the buying state.

For example, a BMM keyword +dell +laptop will trigger search query buy dell laptop as well as dell laptop support, so the user which is searching for support already have a laptop so he/she is not the potential audience.

Abhishek

Re: Adwords targeting the 1%er's

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dad T,

 

If your audience is so niche, you should go for Exact match & Phrase match keywords, wherein when users search for your targeted keywords in the exact manner or with additional keywords in front or end of the search terms, your ads will be displayed. As @Abhishek rightly gave the example of Dell Laptops, Broad keywords is not an option. In addition to this, i would recommend Negative Keywords along with it through which you can exclude all the themes that you don't want your ads to be displayed for. This way you will be displaying your ads to the most relevant set of audiences. Obviously, you should have relevant ads for your themes.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Regards

Rohit Khanna