3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It tells me on google adwords that I have a low qualtity score. I made some changes to my landing page. My question is how often does google adwords check the landing page when working out the quality score, is it linked to googles crawling for organic search results?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords quality score

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Paul,
Quality score is a very important and difficult-to-master metric.

A good place to start is using the keyword status bubble. To find it, look in the column marked 'status' on the keyword tab. As seen here: http://note.io/14PAFem and put your mouse over the little bubble next to the keyword.

Mouse over the keyword bubble, and you should see something like this: http://note.io/13H2hWb

If it says your landing page experience is average or above, you are good to go with your landing page.

From there, really try writing ads that focus on one very specific customer intent. Keep your ad groups with less then 10 keywords, to make sure that you're geared very specifically towards a customer problem.

For example, if you were a dog trainer, you might find that people searching for 'potty training a dog' have a very different intent than 'calming an aggressive dog'. So you should write a new ad for each user intent. Writing specific ads can boost click-thru-rate, and thus improve your QS.

Also, Google checks your landing page periodically for changes, it is not an instantaneous thing. Google will crawl the site when it is first placed in your account. It also occasionally does human review.
Everything in AdWords, including what Google thinks of your landing page is NOT linked to organic results.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

If these are new KWs, your are initially assigned a QS based on other advertisers' QS for this exact match type of the KW. (Until the KW gains 1000 impressions). From this point and on,  QS is mainly  CTR;

However keep in mind that since QS is a relative score there fields in which it is hard to get a high QS....Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Did you make changes to Title, Meta Desc and Meta Keywords?
Did you make changes to Page Content, H1, H2 Tags too?

If you have made changes to both No.1 and 2, you may see some change in your Quality score only for the respective keyword you targeted for. For us the change was reflected in a day for Australia based website.

Thanks,
Balu.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Most of QS is your CTR. More specifically, your CTR compared to the average CTR of others using the same keyword. Changes to landing pages does not substantially improve your QS, unless your page was totally irrelevant or you are not following one or more rules (usually a QS of 1).

But to answer your specific question, I remember seeing that Google visits your page about every ten days to make sure you comply with all rules. That was a few years back so it may be more often now. This can be checked against the site log files.

They will visit your page every time you make a change such as new keywords or new ads.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I agree with @Lucid_Marketing ;

QS is mainly and prominently  a CTR driven parameter 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’