AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords language targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys, thanks for your time and efforts, I am confused a bit about the language targeting and I would like to get your advise about this.

I am targeting multiple countries for our business, and people on these countries do use 2 languages, Arabic and English.

I have structured my campaigns as follow:

• EN-CountryName
  • AR-CountryName

As the prefix En means this campaign has only English keywords and ads, while AR campaign includes only Arabic keywords and ads.

My question here should i add both languages English and Arabic for both campaigns even though my keywords and ads related only to one of them? or each campaign should have it's own language targeting preferences which is related to its keywords and ads? 

Since I have separated the campaigns based on the language, then I think I have to define only one language not 2, what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamad J
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct; there would be some overlapping in the audience, but this is a  search campaign  - not display,  so I see no disadvantage:  You expand your targeting of users using either language.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct;

So users who are fluent in both languages, but prefer to use a UI in the other language (e.g a user who is fluent in Arabic, but prefer a browser UI in EN) will also be shown the ad if he / she searches in Arabic.

Here is an article about the topic:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/AdWords-Language-Targeting/ba-p/51292

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer, so you are saying that i have to add both languages for each campaign? but in this case I am targeting the same people in 2 campaigns which is something wrong i guess? 

Thanks again.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohamad J
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Correct; there would be some overlapping in the audience, but this is a  search campaign  - not display,  so I see no disadvantage:  You expand your targeting of users using either language.