AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords is confused over a "location term"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an Adgroup in one of my accounts, that is doing well in terms of conversions and profitability, but the PR is 5 for each of the match types. It is a SKAG and I would normally expect a 9-10.

The issue I believe is this; in this industry we work with the brand "Worcester Bosch". But we don't target the area Worcester.

Whenever I hover over the status of the ads, Google reports; 

"The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location: Worcester, England, United Kingdom what can I do?
Displaying·ads right now? NO."

Of course my ads are showing for all of the areas the campaign targets. 

I am 99% sure the QS issue is due to Google being confused that I'm using a "location term" but have that particular location as a negative. 

The CTR is very healthy (I appreciate that it's impossible to know my competitors CTR, but I can take a good guess). The campaign is extremely tight, hundreds of negative keywords, perfectly targeted ads, solid landing page etc. The CTR and conversion rates reflect this.

I am struggling to figure out a way to fix this, beyond pausing the campaign. I don't like that it is ultimately pulling my overall QS down, nor the fact I am paying over the odds for the clicks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords is confused over a "location term"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Please go to location advanced setting and check following settingCapture.JPGif you have Worcester as a excluded location , your setting should be as above to show your ads in targeted countries. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal, funnily enough I actually changed this setting a little earlier today. Good thinking. I'm not entirely sure it will resolve the issue, but definitely worth a try.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Usually this issue occurs due to this setting. in case if it didn't work just write back here. We can try some alternative solutions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah, good to know. This is the first time I've come across the issue. Thanks for sharing your experience on the issue.