Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords is confused over a "location term"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an Adgroup in one of my accounts, that is doing well in terms of conversions and profitability, but the PR is 5 for each of the match types. It is a SKAG and I would normally expect a 9-10.

The issue I believe is this; in this industry we work with the brand "Worcester Bosch". But we don't target the area Worcester.

Whenever I hover over the status of the ads, Google reports; 

"The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show. Location: Worcester, England, United Kingdom what can I do?
Displaying·ads right now? NO."

Of course my ads are showing for all of the areas the campaign targets. 

I am 99% sure the QS issue is due to Google being confused that I'm using a "location term" but have that particular location as a negative. 

The CTR is very healthy (I appreciate that it's impossible to know my competitors CTR, but I can take a good guess). The campaign is extremely tight, hundreds of negative keywords, perfectly targeted ads, solid landing page etc. The CTR and conversion rates reflect this.

I am struggling to figure out a way to fix this, beyond pausing the campaign. I don't like that it is ultimately pulling my overall QS down, nor the fact I am paying over the odds for the clicks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords is confused over a "location term"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Please go to location advanced setting and check following settingCapture.JPGif you have Worcester as a excluded location , your setting should be as above to show your ads in targeted countries. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal, funnily enough I actually changed this setting a little earlier today. Good thinking. I'm not entirely sure it will resolve the issue, but definitely worth a try.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Usually this issue occurs due to this setting. in case if it didn't work just write back here. We can try some alternative solutions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah, good to know. This is the first time I've come across the issue. Thanks for sharing your experience on the issue.