AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords doubts - RLSA, descriptive site-link & gmail placement.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello All,

Some doubts we have-

Doubt we have regd RLSA-

•As Google says, If we start RLSA, preference will be given to RLSA ad always. Does it mean my search campaign ad will be shown to only new people or those who are not present in any of audience lists created? •What if there are 2 advertisers (A & B), promoting similar products, both running RLSA, if a person (say C) searches for a query exactly matches keyword present in both account, in first case (without RLSA), ad will be triggered from both accounts search campaigns & according to ad rank ad positions will be given to both advertisers.

•What if person C have already visited both landing pages (LP of A & LP of B), in this case he is present on both audience lists. Now next time he searches for that particular keyword, whose ad will be displayed  & on what position. How does Google calculate QS, Ad rank for RLSA campaigns from different accounts.  

Doubt regd enhanced sitelinks-  

•We have noticed that since we started location extension we don’t see descriptive sitelinks. Please let us know if we need to stop/delete location extension to see descriptive sitelinks?  

Doubt regd placement targeting-  

•We wanted to start a separate GMAIL focused display/placement campaign as in past we noticed that GMAIL campaign’s CTR & CPC is always better. But when we searched for placements like gmail.com, gogole.com our placement tool doesn’t show any such placements (We tried it in display planner as well as placement tool through campaign setting). Kindly let us know why we can’t see Gmail.com in placements?

Thanks

Vinayak

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords doubts - RLSA, descriptive site-link & gmail placement

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Adwords Community !

I will try to answer some of your concerns to the best of my knowledge as a user like you :

1) "Does it mean my search campaign ad will be shown to only new people or those who are not present in any of audience lists created? " From my experience it is best to have the RLSA campaign as a separate campaign and you can copy-paste the other search campaign, ad groups and ads using the AdWords editor.

This way in the normal Search campaign your Ads will be visible to all searchers while in the RLSA campaign they will be visible only to the audience, after the setup.

2) "How does Google calculate QS, Ad rank for RLSA campaigns from different accounts." . I have seen in the help center no refference to a different calculation of Ad Rank for RLSA campaigns than the normal Search campaign. I think they compete as normal keywords would do with the same Ad Rank formula, however this is my personal opinion. If you want free advice from Google also by the phone you can use the local numbers found via this page :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

3) "Please let us know if we need to stop/delete location extension to see descriptive sitelinks?  " I took my time to check if there is any reference to this situation in the AdWords help center and I couldn't find any. How did you verify that you are not seeing descriptive sitelinks ? Was it through the Ad Preview Tool ?

4) "Kindly let us know why we can’t see Gmail.com in placements?" . You are right, I couldn't find gmail either no matter what keywords I use , however there is this help page that explains how to add manually 2 placements that represent gmail :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404243?hl=en

This was the best of my knowledge , but other users can join the conversation if they have time and provide their feedback to help you.

Re: Adwords doubts - RLSA, descriptive site-link & gmail placement

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

For RSLA, the ads will be shown for either new users, if  there  is a new list,  or  to the existing users (on existing list) as long as  the user visited your site;

As in any auction, the QS will be recalculated, each time  a keyword is eligible to take part in an auction; (i.e a user is running a search with a search query that is matched to a keyword on the RLSA campaign, and an ad-rank is calculated):

You need to decide whether to bid higher on those KWs (since the user already visited the site and familiar with the service), or lower (since you assume that if did not covert upon the first visit - not high chances to convert in the next time).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’