AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords does not make any sales for me!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
I have done a campagin on adwords and ppl clicked on them but no click did a sale , I have put in keywords relating to my item but no one really makes a purchase what am I doing wrong ?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords does not make any sales for me!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi david b,

That's hard to answer without more information. Are you using all broad match terms? That would be one reason. Does your landing page clearly present your offer? Value proposition? Quality proposition? You landing page needs to answer 3 basic questions: Why do I need this product? why do I need it now? Why should I buy from you instead of someone else?

Is your product/service competitively priced? Have you offered something in your ad that you can not deliver?

For your broad match keywords, do a search query report to find out how people are finding your site. If the search query is not a good match for your offer, you need to refine your keywords and match types, perhaps add a few negative keywords as well.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Adwords does not make any sales for me!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How many clicks has your campaign accumulated? It's likely that you just don't have enough data yet to decide whether the campaign is working or not.

Keep in mind that conversion rates are usually between 1% and 5% (depending on the industry). So you're going to be looking at just a handful of sales per hundred clicks before you've optimized your campaign.