1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords costs for returning users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I would like to check AdWords CPC for new and returning users (in analytics) but can't see it. Show zeros only. Adwords partner told Google does not support/show those numbers. Anyone know is that true or how to get those numbers?

The intention was to exclude returning users from repeat clicking on ads. But conversions are double for returning users compare to new users (even I can't see associated costs). So the second question: maybe it's kind of a tail (cookies) allocate those conversions to returning users, maybe it's not natural behaviour to click few times on ad to buy? Like click ad-> then check Facebook->then return to the page like "brand" search and it counts as the conversion for returning user?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I assume that by "returning" you mean a Reamrkeing campaign. 

If you set the Remarketing campaign separately,  the CPC should be reported separately

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I mean returning users in analytics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Then, whom you spoke with was correct

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. And second question?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If I got you correctly, this is a question of attribution. To which click you attribute the conversion.

Read more about attribution modeling:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6259715?hl=en

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Hi,

I believe you could also create an RLSA list for returning users, add that to your AdWords campaigns, and then monitor the list in AdWords to see Avg. CPC and other metrics.

See more info here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6212951?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John