1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords campaign sinking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone. I went to college to be a chef. Sadly college aint what it used to be and you cant even find a job or at least a job that would bring you from under the poverty line here in Florida. I was in such a need of resources that i had to sell my car and hopefully invest it in the right thing and make a living of my own. I decided to use adwords and advertise this company that pays a good % off a sale. I dont have any kind of education in technology so naturaly adwords was incredibly hard for me to manage. Its a profession of its own. I have payed quite a bit of money to educate myself. Im on my computer from morning to evening trying to use the right techniques to get traffic thru my site. Today I just lost 89.00 testing and i dont know how much more my budget can handle. This budget is everything im worth, its everything i own, its all i got left, its my last stand.

My life depends on making adwords work for me. I told my parents i was gonna give us a better life or at least i was gonna sink trying. I dont have the heart to tell them we are slowly sinking. Because of my failure we will now have to life off my budget for the remaining of the month. My ROI is non existant at this point. 

The formula:
1-Selling alternative medicine products that have been proven to work with a unique patented research formula, unatainable anywhere else.
2-Choosing keywords related to my business such as ''Alternative Medicine''
3-Created my own landing site in which i hyperlinked ''Alternative Medicine'' for quality score purposes

The problem:
1- 11,500 impressions, 56 clicks, 0 conversions.  
2- I almost had a heart attack when i saw that big fail.
3- Cost=89 Dollars
4- ROI=0

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords campaign sinking

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI zergmazter

Sorry to know about your situation. Please look at the following things

1. Affiliate marketing on google is getting harder as compared to few years back

2. Take a look at this article http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45068

3. Before spending any more money take a look at seart term repor

4. Check if your the searches which have triggered your searches are relevant to your product 

5. Just "Alternative Medicine" as a keyword i belive wont help you a great deal you have to drill down and chose keywords which are very close to to your product rather than product category

Also i suggest you study http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs this in detail for few days before going live again

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Your CTR is very low, you need to consider other keyword match types, reorganizing ad groups and writing better ads.

But don´t expect a conversion rate better than a few percentages (2% isn´t bad), and don´t expect to sell something for each 100 visitors. 56 clicks isn´t enough. You need more stats.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello zergmazter;

>> "Selling alternative medicine products that have been proven to work with a unique patented research formula, unattainable anywhere else".

Be aware, that promoting alternative medicines is prohibited by the Policy. So, at one point or another, you are probably going to be suspended.

• Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:
  • Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI zergmazter

Sorry to know about your situation. Please look at the following things

1. Affiliate marketing on google is getting harder as compared to few years back

2. Take a look at this article http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45068

3. Before spending any more money take a look at seart term repor

4. Check if your the searches which have triggered your searches are relevant to your product 

5. Just "Alternative Medicine" as a keyword i belive wont help you a great deal you have to drill down and chose keywords which are very close to to your product rather than product category

Also i suggest you study http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs this in detail for few days before going live again

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Your CTR is very low, you need to consider other keyword match types, reorganizing ad groups and writing better ads.

But don´t expect a conversion rate better than a few percentages (2% isn´t bad), and don´t expect to sell something for each 100 visitors. 56 clicks isn´t enough. You need more stats.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello zergmazter;

>> "Selling alternative medicine products that have been proven to work with a unique patented research formula, unattainable anywhere else".

Be aware, that promoting alternative medicines is prohibited by the Policy. So, at one point or another, you are probably going to be suspended.

• Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:
  • Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you everyone Smiley Very Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Adwords really isn't a get rich quick scheme. You need to research how to use Adwords to your advantage. I took a business from making $3,000 a year in profits to over $200,000 in a matter of 3 years with Google Adwords. When we first starting using it, I didn't know what I was doing but as time went on and about 100 hours later on PPC Heroes blog, we got really good with using adwords, generating reports, increasing CTR, removing unwanted clicks by adding negative keywords, etc... and now our ROI is over 20,000% every month.