Adwords campaign sinking
Hello everyone. I went to college to be a chef. Sadly college aint what it used to be and you cant even find a job or at least a job that would bring you from under the poverty line here in Florida. I was in such a need of resources that i had to sell my car and hopefully invest it in the right thing and make a living of my own. I decided to use adwords and advertise this company that pays a good % off a sale. I dont have any kind of education in technology so naturaly adwords was incredibly hard for me to manage. Its a profession of its own. I have payed quite a bit of money to educate myself. Im on my computer from morning to evening trying to use the right techniques to get traffic thru my site. Today I just lost 89.00 testing and i dont know how much more my budget can handle. This budget is everything im worth, its everything i own, its all i got left, its my last stand.
My life depends on making adwords work for me. I told my parents i was gonna give us a better life or at least i was gonna sink trying. I dont have the heart to tell them we are slowly sinking. Because of my failure we will now have to life off my budget for the remaining of the month. My ROI is non existant at this point.
1-Selling alternative medicine products that have been proven to work with a unique patented research formula, unatainable anywhere else.
2-Choosing keywords related to my business such as ''Alternative Medicine''
3-Created my own landing site in which i hyperlinked ''Alternative Medicine'' for quality score purposes
1- 11,500 impressions, 56 clicks, 0 conversions.
2- I almost had a heart attack when i saw that big fail.
3- Cost=89 Dollars
Sorry to know about your situation. Please look at the following things
1. Affiliate marketing on google is getting harder as compared to few years back
2. Take a look at this article http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45068
3. Before spending any more money take a look at seart term report
4. Check if your the searches which have triggered your searches are relevant to your product
5. Just "Alternative Medicine" as a keyword i belive wont help you a great deal you have to drill down and chose keywords which are very close to to your product rather than product category
Also i suggest you study http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs this in detail for few days before going live again
Hope this helps
But don´t expect a conversion rate better than a few percentages (2% isn´t bad), and don´t expect to sell something for each 100 visitors. 56 clicks isn´t enough. You need more stats.
Re: Adwords campaign sinking[ Edited ]
November 2012 - last edited November 2012
>> "Selling alternative medicine products that have been proven to work with a unique patented research formula, unattainable anywhere else".
Be aware, that promoting alternative medicines is prohibited by the Policy. So, at one point or another, you are probably going to be suspended.
- Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:
- Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Re: Adwords campaign sinking
Adwords really isn't a get rich quick scheme. You need to research how to use Adwords to your advantage. I took a business from making $3,000 a year in profits to over $200,000 in a matter of 3 years with Google Adwords. When we first starting using it, I didn't know what I was doing but as time went on and about 100 hours later on PPC Heroes blog, we got really good with using adwords, generating reports, increasing CTR, removing unwanted clicks by adding negative keywords, etc... and now our ROI is over 20,000% every month.