Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords bounce rate massive decrease

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

About a week ago, I noticed the bounce rate drop from 50-60% (the level its been for years) to under 20%. consistently throughout 100+ campaigns I run in this account.  Analytics is also reporting the <20% bounce rate for the account.  This would be a good problem to have, if I didn't know how hard it is to bring your bounce rate down, even 1-2%.  I have poked around but havent noticed google mention any changes to bounce rate reporting.  Has anyone else experienced this in recent days?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords bounce rate massive decrease

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Chris,

Have your website, landing page, etc. changed recently? Have you confirmed that your Analytics code is still on every page of your site?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My developer is away this week, but I need to check with him to know for sure, but the site has been running for 12 years and nothing much has changed in recent weeks. I was thinking perhaps there was some change that Google pushed through that would report bounce rate differently, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks Cassie, ill update once I find a resolution
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris J
October 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Chris J,

this kind of 'problems' show up when the Analytics code has been tackled. Usually GTM was added or another GA tracking code.
Check with your developer what was his activity on the code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Turns out our developer set up some sort of event tracking for location services, same day the bounce rate began reporting incorrectly. We turned it off a couple of days ago and bounce rate is reporting correctly, again. Thank you for steering me in the right direction, problem solved!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Smiley Happy

been there, done this Smiley Happy)))