Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Youtube TrueView In-stream ad maximizing budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So I have a video campaign in Google adwords that I wish only to use the TrueView in-stream format. I was wondering does anyone know how to maximize your budget if only one format is used? I have paused the other three formats in the campaign expecting adwords to fully promote the in-stream format. However the views and the total cost per day have gone down (compared to using all 4 formats), and it seems to not max out my budget on a per day basis.

I have tried using the "optimize for views", "optimize for conversions", and "even ad rotation" in the ad rotations settings option. My delivery method is standard.

I have used the accelerated delivery method, but it blows right past my budget on a per day basis. 

Does anyone have any experience in using one format and optimizing it?

Best,

HY

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Youtube TrueView In-stream ad maximizing budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello hoyinc; welcome;

If I understood you correctly; if you minimize the formats; then you decrease the number of views...

Why did you "take down"  the other formats?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is correct, I remove the other formats and the view count reduces. I evaluated that in-stream is the most effective for conversions so I wish to put my entire budget on that one format. It is weird to see only half of my budget used when I choose in-stream only.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

OK; I got you;

Have you tried to increase the bid?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yea my bid is much higher than the current cpv and bids the campaign is making.