AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Youtube TrueView In-stream ad maximizing budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So I have a video campaign in Google adwords that I wish only to use the TrueView in-stream format. I was wondering does anyone know how to maximize your budget if only one format is used? I have paused the other three formats in the campaign expecting adwords to fully promote the in-stream format. However the views and the total cost per day have gone down (compared to using all 4 formats), and it seems to not max out my budget on a per day basis.

I have tried using the "optimize for views", "optimize for conversions", and "even ad rotation" in the ad rotations settings option. My delivery method is standard.

I have used the accelerated delivery method, but it blows right past my budget on a per day basis. 

Does anyone have any experience in using one format and optimizing it?

Best,

HY

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Youtube TrueView In-stream ad maximizing budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello hoyinc; welcome;

If I understood you correctly; if you minimize the formats; then you decrease the number of views...

Why did you "take down"  the other formats?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is correct, I remove the other formats and the view count reduces. I evaluated that in-stream is the most effective for conversions so I wish to put my entire budget on that one format. It is weird to see only half of my budget used when I choose in-stream only.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

OK; I got you;

Have you tried to increase the bid?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yea my bid is much higher than the current cpv and bids the campaign is making.