Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Search Terms Low for Asia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I did my first campaign for my adwords and found that there was incredibly low search impressions for Asia countries (Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia). 

The keywords were pet shampoo, dog shampoo, cat shampoo and a couple more along these lines. I was reaching about 100 impressions with a moderate budget of $20 a day and 0-1 clicks.

I did a test campaign using a more broad set of keywords such as cat, dog, pet and a couple more similar keywords. I reached 3,000 within 4-5 hours with the same budget $20 a day and 30+ clicks.

My question is - are these terms too broad? Or are they effective enough to attain conversions and increase sales on a monthly basis. 

I would appreciate any feedback or advice regarding campaigns and keywords. 

Thanks, 
Vanessa

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Search Terms Low for Asia

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Spoiler
My question is - are these terms too broad? Or are they effective enough to attain conversions and increase sales on a monthly basis. 

I would suggest you to check the estimated monthly search volume in Keywords Planner.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Rakesh, 

Yes I have - however the only words are 'dog, cat, pet' that really have the search volume. Is that being too broad? Could I still see conversions by doing this? 

My brand is Pet Grooming Products (Shampoo, Conditioners) for dogs and cats, and we sell online via our website and we are targeting Southeast Asia. 

***CAMPAIGN - CAT***

--- ADGROUP - CAT---
cat

"cat"

[cat]

***CAMPAIGN - DOG***

--- ADGROUP - DOG---
dog

"dog"

[dog]

***CAMPAIGN - PET***

--- ADGROUP - PET---
pet

"pet"

[pet]

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Instead of targeting such a broad category, I'd suggest you to run the product specific keywords.  

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’