Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Script - competitors

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Does someone know a script which will allow me to bid the same as a competitor for a particular keyword for instance?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grég D
May 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Sumanth,

Google doesn't make available any data of your competitor's accounts. So you will never have access to their bids, CPCs or ad positions. Even if you could, ad position and CPC are not the same thing, as your quality score and theirs will differ. So even if you could bid the same amount as your competitor, your position is unlikely to be the same.

Apart target outranking share (see above) you can also target specific positions using automated rules.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Greg D,

Have you tried 'target outranking share' bid strategy available in AdWords?

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Sumanth,

I don't want to outrank that particular competitor, i want to have similar CPCs for a similar average position. I believe stats from the auction insights could be used for that purpose in a script.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grég D
May 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Sumanth,

Google doesn't make available any data of your competitor's accounts. So you will never have access to their bids, CPCs or ad positions. Even if you could, ad position and CPC are not the same thing, as your quality score and theirs will differ. So even if you could bid the same amount as your competitor, your position is unlikely to be the same.

Apart target outranking share (see above) you can also target specific positions using automated rules.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks RobSkelton