2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Script Invalid argument: url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to run Link Checker script, I'm used to it but this time I can't find the way to meke the script work correctly.

I simply replaced 

var SPREADSHEET_URL = 'YOUR_SPREADSHEET_URL'

with

var SPREADSHEET_URL = 'docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13k2D8t4XmHDD6fs5x__jPG80fa_3peoeLjjiWrXXXXX'

This is the log:

Using spreadsheet - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13k2D8t4XmHDD6fs5x__jPG80fa_3peoeLjjiWrXXXXX.
Invalid argument: url (line 245)

And this is line 245:

this.spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.openByUrl(SPREADSHEET_URL);

Any ideas?

Thanks

Davide

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Script Invalid argument: url?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Davide.

Is your spreadsheet public? I don't think the script can access it if it isn't.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi AdWiser,

thank you for reply, I made a copy from the original template, so I think the settings should be ok.
Following your suggestion I even tried changing the share setting to "Public on the web" but I had the same result.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Just a guess, as I don't have the time now to try the script myself: please use the protocol for that URL as well, as in HTTP or HTTPS. Making it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13k2D8t4XmHDD6fs5x__jPG80fa_3peoeLjjiWrXXXXX
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davide V
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've found the solution!

As Adwiser said the doc must be shared via link
Moreover the doc url must be completed with /edit at the end https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13k2D8t4XmHDD6fs5x__jPG80fa_3peoeLjjiWrXXXXX/edit

Adwords Script Invalid argument: url?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I am having a similar problem. I have a script that is due to pause ads which go through to an OOS page and then these get emailed to me in a Google Sheet. 

However in some of my accounts I am encountering a problem, but not in others which I find confusing. 

It comes back with an "invalid argument (line 144) which is follows:

sheet.insertRowsAfter(2, data.length);

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? 

Thanks, 

Denney