3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Remarketing Tag

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have taken over an account for a client, from a previous PPC provider. They attempted to set up dynamic remarketing for the client, but could not get it right, so the only remarketing code on the landing page is a dynamic remarketing code.

I want to set up standard remarketing, but obviously when I create a new remarketing list I do not receive a new snippet of code. So what I need to know is:

a) Where can I access the remarketing code without taking it from the old landing page?

b) how do I get a standard remarketing code snippet?

c) Is there a problem with using the old code snippet if I am not gong to be doing dynamic remarketing?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Adwords Remarketing Tag

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

Few things:-

1. Before setting up the dynamic remarketing code for a website, a standard remarketing code is triggered which can be pulled either from AdWords or Google Analytics.

2. For dynamic remarketing, there are some custom parameters specific to business type which needs to be added to work correctly.

When you go to Shared Library>> Audiences, what message are you seeing on top regarding remarketing tag?

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Adwords Remarketing Tag

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

Few things:-

1. Before setting up the dynamic remarketing code for a website, a standard remarketing code is triggered which can be pulled either from AdWords or Google Analytics.

2. For dynamic remarketing, there are some custom parameters specific to business type which needs to be added to work correctly.

When you go to Shared Library>> Audiences, what message are you seeing on top regarding remarketing tag?

Pankaj

Re: Adwords Remarketing Tag

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, Thanks for the reply. It is giving me this message: "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website or in your app" But the remarketing tag isn't currently on any of the landing pages as we want to do standard remarketing instead of dynamic remarketing, as the tag includes various parameters. Or can I just remove the top part? Thank you

Adwords Remarketing Tag

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, Thanks for the reply. It is giving me this message: "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website or in your app" But the remarketing tag isn't currently on any of the landing pages as we want to do standard remarketing instead of dynamic remarketing, as the tag includes various parameters. Or can I just remove the top part? Thank you