Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Match type Strategy

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

I am working as a PPC manager in a company. And I have been assigned a task to not only increase the traffic but also increase conversion rates.
So now, when I use broad modifier it increases my traffic but lowers down the conversion rate. and when I use exact or phrase match, its lowers the traffic but increases the conversion rate.
Any suggestion what should I do, when I have to increase the traffic and at the same time I have to increase the conversion rate.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Match type Strategy

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sayem,

I would like to ask something. Is your current conversion rate not achieving your ROI ?

Here are some of the thing that I'll do with my accounts if that case applied to me:
1] I'll be focusing on Quality clicks rather than quantity. So, i will be excluding all irrelevant search queries from Search term reports which will eventually help leading to High Conversion Rate.

2] Intensive keyword research based on Converting keywords to increase number of clicks. This will get you some more quality clicks without any adverse effect on total traffic.

3] A/B testing of best converting Adcopies across the the entire Adgroups.

4] Personal Experience - Use Maximize clicks bidding strategy. This strategy will help you get high number of clicks on a very decent Avg CPC without lowering your existing conversion rate.

Hope this helps you somewhere!

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sayem M
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sayem,

Do you have the AdWords tag added to all your pages ? If so do you have a general audience such as "All visitors" and how big is it on the column "Search" in the Audiences tab ?

I am thinking you can use Search remarketing to make your bids higher for an audience of non-converted past visitors to obtain a second click from them with a higher chance of conversion.

Also if you can use Display Remarketing with the audience you obtained from search this could add more conversions at a low cost.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;
This question is a common one in the community, and has been discussed extensively among the users.
Run a search on the community for "BMM match type vs. exact match". You'll find many discussions with valuable tips.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Yes, the current conversion rate not achieving your ROI.
Thanks for you suggestions. Smiley Happy

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Thanks a lot Adrian B.
This is a very useful suggestion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

If you want to increase your traffic and conversion then you need to segment your campaign.

Exact campaign

BMM campaign

phrase campaign

all three should have same keywords match type will b different .   Exact match campaign positive keywords match will  as negative keywords in phrase campaign and its match type will exact then phrase campaign positive keywords will be use as negative in bmm campaign and its match type will be phrase.

All positive campaign 

Exact campaign

BMM campaign

phrase campaign

negative keywords 

phrase campaign - negative Exact campaign match type exact 

BMM campaign - negative phrase campaign keywords match type phrase

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bid strategy

exact mast b high then phrase then bmm

and chechk search term report and use negative keywords which are the irrilavant.  

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Apart from Keyword matching option as Adrian suggested I think running a remarketing campaign might get you better results than trying to optimize keyword strategy and expect equal changes in traffic and conversion rates.