Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Keyword Tool Not Returning Any Keyword Ideas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having an issue when using the tool sometimes. I have tested this with a few different accounts too so it's not an issue with one particular account. 

I can enter a keyword and the tool will yield NO RESULTS but the original keyword. I'm talking a major term that would normally produce 100's of results, like marketing or web stats, etc. If I logout of the account and come back in as just a regular user (entering captcha to get it to search), and search for the same keyword, it will yield 100 results as it should. 

That obviously tells me it's not an IP issue. It's a bug when searching while logged in. It doesn't occur on every word either. It's like a random error, but it's most definitely an error. In case you're wondering, yes, I've logged out and in, rebooted, restarted modem, etc.. I'm no newbie. I've been using the tool for years. Never seen this before under any circumstances.

Is this a known issue that has already been reported?

Thanks,

Con

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Keyword Tool Not Returning Any Keyword Ideas

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi three;

Have you tried the usual "first line" remedies:? clear cache and deleting cookies?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes of course. This is a MAJOR problem. I am seeing it more and more. I created a whole new account to try again from scratch. Same result. On average 2 or 3 keywords out of 10 will return NOTHING when they should absolutely have 100's of results. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

We haven't heard any similar problems by other users. Someone needs to look into our account;

I would suggest that you call customer service;

Do not open multiple accounts (for the same business). You many be violating the double serving

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’