4.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor - first few lines of csv export not linked to campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've just downloaded a couple of campaigns for the first time but when I export them to csv the first 5 lines do not have any campaign name specified (first column). I've scrolled across and these lines are clearly site extensions.

I have site link extensions set up but for only one of the campaigns. Call extensions are set up for all campaigns so I could sort of understand why this one shows.

Is this a known error of am I missing something? Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor - first few lines of csv export not linked to campaign

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
These are shared extensions, found under Shared Library section.

Setting up extensions is a two-step process (though the online interface tries to paper over this a bit). First, you create a shared extension (see them under Shared Library > Business Data in the online interface) - an account-level entity, not tied to any campaign or ad group. Then you associate it with as many campaigns and ad groups as you need.

In Editor, when you Export > Whole Account, shared extensions are exported at the top, whether or not they are associated with anything (it's especially significant for those that are not in fact associated with anything; otherwise they wouldn't be exported at all, and then it wouldn't be Whole account, exactly). In addition, labels are also exported - the label entity itself: name, description and color. These, too, are shared entities that appear under Shared Library.

If you don't want them in your file, then Export > Selected campaigns and ad groups, and select all campaigns. This way, you'd only get extensions that are associated with something.