AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor - first few lines of csv export not linked to campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've just downloaded a couple of campaigns for the first time but when I export them to csv the first 5 lines do not have any campaign name specified (first column). I've scrolled across and these lines are clearly site extensions.

I have site link extensions set up but for only one of the campaigns. Call extensions are set up for all campaigns so I could sort of understand why this one shows.

Is this a known error of am I missing something? Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor - first few lines of csv export not linked to campaign

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
These are shared extensions, found under Shared Library section.

Setting up extensions is a two-step process (though the online interface tries to paper over this a bit). First, you create a shared extension (see them under Shared Library > Business Data in the online interface) - an account-level entity, not tied to any campaign or ad group. Then you associate it with as many campaigns and ad groups as you need.

In Editor, when you Export > Whole Account, shared extensions are exported at the top, whether or not they are associated with anything (it's especially significant for those that are not in fact associated with anything; otherwise they wouldn't be exported at all, and then it wouldn't be Whole account, exactly). In addition, labels are also exported - the label entity itself: name, description and color. These, too, are shared entities that appear under Shared Library.

If you don't want them in your file, then Export > Selected campaigns and ad groups, and select all campaigns. This way, you'd only get extensions that are associated with something.