Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I hope someone can help.

I am bidding on a keyword with lots of hits, Last week I was getting 10,000 clicks on a broad keyword with over 5mil imp per day.

Good sign up rate and earning good money. How ever the last few days im getting lett that 800.000 imp and around 3000 clicks a day. 

Its like adwords have stopped showing me as much.

also i see im getting most hits from search partners. but can not see where from and bid higher

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Shane.

Your quality score may have decreased meanwhile, in case your competitors were consistently getting a better CTR than you do.

Please have a look at the variations of ad position and CTR. If ad position went up and CTR went down, your QS went down as well and if you did not compensate by raising your bids (which I hope you didn't), your ad rank went down and the system stopped showing your ad for every search query that matches your keyword.

Another sign that things are not quite in the pink is the Impression Share for that keyword, especially "Exact Match IS". If that is not close to 100% it means you should write better ads and make good use of ad extensions, in order to get your CTR and QS as high as possible.

(Here's the documentation for impression share in case you're not familiar with it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en)
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Shane,
The first thing I would check is your Impression Share.  Your AdWords Impression Share will show you how often your Ads are showing for your target Keywords, vs how often they're searched on.  If you're getting less than 100% coverage on your Keywords, you can run an Lost Impression Share Report that will show you the reasons why you're losing Impressions.  It's possible that your customers are just searching less on your target Keywords.  It's also possible that you need to increase your Daily Budget in order to show more Impressions. It's also posible that your Max CPC Bids are not high enough.  You can increase your Max CPC Bids and that will hopefully drive more Impressions. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sahne

Since your impressions have also decreased so i think CTR is not the factor which is affected. Apart from that there are several other factors which can be responsible for that:-
1. Have you noticed any change in avg. position.
2 Have you added any negative keywords to the campaign or ad group.
3. Increased competition.
4. have you increased bid for any other related broad match keyword due to which traffic shifted to it from the previous keyword since the Ad rank for it has been increased.
5. Excluded any location.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you,

How do I find out my Impression Share?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Shane,
To find Impression Share:

1. Log in to your AdWords Account
2. Click on the Keywords tab
3. Click on the Columns button (under the main tabs) and select Customize Columns
4. Then, select the Competitive Metrics menu
5. Add all the Impression Share options
6. Click Apply

This can also be done at the Campaign level, but for your exercise, to examine one, or just a few select Keywords, I'd do on the Keywords tab. Also, select a date range with a reasonable amount of data. Typically Impression Share numbers aren't updated until 48 hours later.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I have 41%.

I get most of clicks from google search partners, how can I found out where im getting clicks on google search partners?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Shane,
41% means basically means that every 100 times your Keywords are searched on, you only receive 41 Impressions - could explain your decrease in Impressions. Try getting your Impression Share up to increase your Impressions/Clicks.
You cannot see Impression Share segmented by Network, but you can see your Clicks/Impressions by Network.
1. Log in to your AdWords Account
2. Select what dimension you'd like to see - Campaigns, or Ad Groups or Keywords
3. Select your desired date range
4. Click on the Segment button (under the main tabs)
5. Select Network