Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Ad postion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi,

My keywords QS is 7/10, and 10/10 but my ad postion getting down day by day.

can any one help me out from this.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Ad postion

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sudhanshu,

As you said you are getting good quality score but your ad position is getting down day by day. To improve your ad position, you can increase your bid. To estimate first page bid you can ad (Est. first page bid or  Est. top page bid metric in your stats table.

Go the Keywords tab>> click the Columns button >> Choose Customize columns from the drop-down menu>>Choose "Attributes" drop-down menu, add Est. first page bid and Est. top page bid >> clickSave.

For more deatil you can visit this link:http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472742

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sudhanshu,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sudhanshu wrote:

hi,

My keywords QS is 7/10, and 10/10 but my ad postion getting down day by day.

can any one help me out from this.

Thanks

Ad position is certainly an important metric and am sure that everybody eyes the top position on Google for this. But there are some benchmarks which have to be met before Adwords raises your position and your ad start showing on top positions.

In addition to excellent Quality Score, your bids should be competitive enough in front of other advertisers. Ad Rank = Quality Score times the bid of your keywords.

There might be chances that other advertisers are bidding higher than what is actually required. But increasing the bid only won't help you improve the ad rank. You should try to maintain excellent CTR for your account and once it is excellent for longer period of time, you will soon realize that your Avg. CPC will start decreasing and your Ad Rank will see an uplift.

Try to look for Impression Share and Exact Match Impression Share metrics as well and see where you actually stand in front of your advertisers. You should work in the direction to improve them.

I would also emphasize on the fact that not everytime, the top position is actually what you should be aiming for. Try to identify the converting position of your keywords in the sense that where you are actually getting the conversions. You might end up paying more aiming for top position, but at the sametime, there is a possibility that at little low position, your ROI is better. I have seen this for most of my clients.

Regular account optimization is the real key. Follow the basics and gradually you will see the results coming in.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi anchal,

Thanks alot for you help. but i want to let you know that in some cases, my bid is higher than Estimated first page bid but postion is around 8-9 (QS 7-10) while in some cases, Est. first page bid is too high.

what can i do?

Thanks 

Sudhanshu

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi pankaj,

Thank you so much.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We would also suggest to increase keywords bid... you can take idea from est. First page bid and Est.top page bid.