4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adword Auction System

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys, i just observed that most of ads are below first page bid estimate, asides from raising my bids, is there anyway my ads would appear on the first page, even without changing my bids, Also i observed for the keywords i used when you run several searches on it from my location, i appear to be the only relevant business there, asides from one competitor, other less relevant ads show on page 2 and lower.. please someone proffer a solution

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adword Auction System

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

There are two ways to increase your ad rank without raising your bids. The main components of your Ad Rank are your bids and the quality of your ads and website. The expected impact from your extensions is also incorporated.

1. Improve your quality score: the three main components of quality score are expected clickthrough rate, ad relevance, and landing page experience. There are many ways go about this but I would start by reading this helpful post by @PPCBossman
  2. Build out extensions: take advantage of all available and relevant extensions in your account. Here is the Google article on this: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Adword Auction System

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jim,

The main issue here is that the ad delievers but below first page bid estimates, and on typical search page there is only one ad delivering from the keywords i use, other results appearing are organic.. i just started the ad, how do i optimize to appear on the first page..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author chima n
February

Re: Adword Auction System

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi,

If you want to get to the first page you must either raise your bids or make the optimizations recommended in my first response.

Are you wondering why your ad isn't on the first page even though there is only one ad there? If so, this is because Google requires that you pay a minimum amount to show on the first page despite competition. You could be the only advertiser eligible for a query and would still need to bid a certain amount to show up.

Over the couple years there have been significant increases in the minimum first page bids due to a number of factors. This is an interesting article on this phenomenon: http://searchengineland.com/adwords-brand-cpcs-rising-heres-can-225648

Here is one more resource that could be relevant to you: http://www.wordstream.com/first-page-bid

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Adword Auction System

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks  Jim.  You are awesome..  Would love to connect more if you don't mind... Have a nice day..