AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

why does my ad not show when I search on any of my keywords. My key words are all eligable, and I have not reached my daily budget limits.  They are also showing imrepssions and a few clicks.  But I never see my ads when I do a key word search.  Even when some searches return zero ads for other companies or products.  I am very confused about this. can someone enlighten me?

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Searching for your own ad on live Google search is certainly not recommended. It hurts your own CTR, impressions and other metrics. It is better to use Ad Preview Tool meant for all the advertisers to check the real time results.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704363

Also look at the Quality Score of your keywords and if it is low, chances are that your ads will shown less for those keywords which have low quality score.

Similarly, the keywords with Low Search volume will not be entered into ad auction until Google sees some healthy search volume attached with them.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Just to add to what Pankaj has said, you can run a keyword diagnosis in the interface to let you know if your ads are running.

Go to the keywords tab and then "keyword details" > "diagnose keywords". Here you can customise the location, device and language settings in case you want to get specific.

This will run and give you the details under the status column.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi dwidner,

When you do a live search, Google will often customize the search results and ads shown based on previous activity. If you do a live search on Google for your keywords, then don't click on your own ads when they show, at some point Google will stop showing you those ads when their algorithm determines you are not interested in the ad.

No ads showing does not necessarily mean your ad should show for any particular keyword. More often, it means other advertisers have tried that keyword with little or no success.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Searching for your own ad on live Google search is certainly not recommended. It hurts your own CTR, impressions and other metrics. It is better to use Ad Preview Tool meant for all the advertisers to check the real time results.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704363

Also look at the Quality Score of your keywords and if it is low, chances are that your ads will shown less for those keywords which have low quality score.

Similarly, the keywords with Low Search volume will not be entered into ad auction until Google sees some healthy search volume attached with them.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Just to add to what Pankaj has said, you can run a keyword diagnosis in the interface to let you know if your ads are running.

Go to the keywords tab and then "keyword details" > "diagnose keywords". Here you can customise the location, device and language settings in case you want to get specific.

This will run and give you the details under the status column.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi dwidner,

When you do a live search, Google will often customize the search results and ads shown based on previous activity. If you do a live search on Google for your keywords, then don't click on your own ads when they show, at some point Google will stop showing you those ads when their algorithm determines you are not interested in the ad.

No ads showing does not necessarily mean your ad should show for any particular keyword. More often, it means other advertisers have tried that keyword with little or no success.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords