2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads won't run

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a niche company that sells non sparking safety tools to customers worldwide.  Although my company name is Safety Tools and my landing page uses the words non sparking and safety tools numerous times, as does my ad, I can't get google ad words to show my ads.  My website is totally relevant and transparent.  If someone enters those keywords, I am exactly what they are trying to reach.

My quality score on these words (non sparking tools) and (safety tools) is 6/10 and my CTR is 3% on both, along with automatic top of page bid, I can't get the ads to show.  Apparently, they show in various other countries but not the U.S.  I've always been number 1 or 2 on yahoo/bing, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to work google.

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads won't run

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi toolseller,

Relevancy for Google has nothing to do with your keywords showing up in the ad or on your landing page. It's all about CTR.

QS of 6/10 isn't bad, and CTR of 3% isn't bad either, but the performance might be below what Google expects. That causes a lower QS. You may need to increase your bid to get your ad to show, and work on getting a better CTR.

Questions:

Are you getting 3% CTR from AdWords, or is that the CTR from your other campaigns?

Are you using the Ad Preview tool to find your ad? If not, you should be.

Do any ads show on the SERP? If not, other advertisers have had little success with those or similar keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pete, thanks for reply.

I've only got the one campaign, so that 3% is for the two keywords I mentioned (which are the ones most important to me).

I learned not to search for my ads and I use the Ad Preview tool.

I'm not sure what the SERP is.

Concerning the bid, I believe I have entered a rule to automatically increase the bid on all my keywords to the first page bid.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi toolseller,

SERP= Search Engine Results Page, the page where your search ads appear.

Ok, you have no impressions but your also have a 3% CTR? How many impressions are you seeing in the AdWords UI? This could be a budget or delivery issue. If you have delivery set to accelerated, your keywords won't trigger an ad once the daily budget is used up. When it says your keyword isn't triggering an ad, it means at that particular point in time. Sometimes that means never, but not always.

When you use the bubble tool on those keywords, what does it say about your ad and landing page?

It's hard to say what's happening without a full set of data.

I Googled "non sparking safety tools" and found a full page of ads. The keyword is successful form some advertisers. The QS of 6/10 indicates the CTR is slightly above average--the other advertisers are getting a higher AdRank. That could be from a higher bid or from a higher quality score. With a QS of 6/10, I wouldn't expect a top of page position, even with an very high bid.

Look at your impression share and relative CTR of your keywords. That might give you some insight.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords