AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads with some types of gender targeting cannot be diagnosed. error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need to target my call only campaign to female audience. For this I add targeting  female in each ad group in this campaign. But now my ads are not running and I am getting this message in " Ads with some types of gender targeting cannot be diagnosed." in preview tool. 

How can I target call only campaign to female audience only?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Muhammed,

First of all, I commend you for experimenting with AdWords' advanced targeting functionalities.

I've had issues using the Ad Preview tool when I have demographic targeting for a Search campaign. The last time I talked with Google about this, they said that Ad Preview is usually not going to work when you have demographic targeting.

When you say that your ads aren't running, do you mean that you're not getting any impressions?

One thing to keep in mind is that AdWords' demographic targeting functionality is relatively new and still pretty limited in terms of audience size, for Search campaigns, so it's possible that the audience that Google is able to target, based on your settings, is too small to get much traction.

Best,

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Muhammed,

First of all, I commend you for experimenting with AdWords' advanced targeting functionalities.

I've had issues using the Ad Preview tool when I have demographic targeting for a Search campaign. The last time I talked with Google about this, they said that Ad Preview is usually not going to work when you have demographic targeting.

When you say that your ads aren't running, do you mean that you're not getting any impressions?

One thing to keep in mind is that AdWords' demographic targeting functionality is relatively new and still pretty limited in terms of audience size, for Search campaigns, so it's possible that the audience that Google is able to target, based on your settings, is too small to get much traction.

Best,

John

Re: Ads with some types of gender targeting cannot be diagnosed. error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. not getting impression too. Same message is
showing to keywords.

Warm regards,
Muhammed Ashref

www.brandtalkies.ae || Tel: +971 244 66266 || Mob: