AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads that were working fine suddenly stopped + show 'Ad Not Elgibile for search Network'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a few ads runnning in Google Adwords that were getting 5,000 to 10,000 impressions and 500 to 750 clicks a day.

Everything was approved and running fine. This morning it suddenly stopped working. Clicks are stuck at same number since 10 am. Also, all the ads that are approved and were running fine suddenly say:

This Ad is not eligible for Search Network.

What happened? Tips?

Anyone I can contact.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mithrandir7
September 2015

Re: Ads that were working fine suddenly stopped + show 'Ad Not Elgibile for search Network'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update: After talking to Google Customer Service it seems lots of users are seeing delays in Adwords reporting. Now (around 12:15 pm) the clicks are getting updated. They are still much less than normal days but atleast they are increasing now. closing this issue.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Ads that were working fine suddenly stopped + show 'Ad Not Elgibile for search Network'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Does the ads status say Approved - limited?

Can you confirm that the ads were indeed always running on Search? Please go to the campaigns and segment by Network.

Try the preview tool to see if you can get more details on why your not on search. Go to your account > Tools & Analysis > Ad Preview tool and try keywords associated with that ad copy and see if you get some messaging.

If you can't get any additional diagnostics then you may be best off to contact Google direct. See the CONTACT ADWORDS button in the upper right corner.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update: After talking to Google Customer Service it seems lots of users are seeing delays in Adwords reporting. Now (around 12:15 pm) the clicks are getting updated. They are still much less than normal days but atleast they are increasing now. closing this issue.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Does the ads status say Approved - limited?

Can you confirm that the ads were indeed always running on Search? Please go to the campaigns and segment by Network.

Try the preview tool to see if you can get more details on why your not on search. Go to your account > Tools & Analysis > Ad Preview tool and try keywords associated with that ad copy and see if you get some messaging.

If you can't get any additional diagnostics then you may be best off to contact Google direct. See the CONTACT ADWORDS button in the upper right corner.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks Kim.

status was Approved throughout.

Yes, ads were indeed running.

Thanks for the tip on Preview Tool. That does provide valuable information.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

My numbers appear to be stuck as well. The Ad Preview tools shows that everything is running as it should and there are no problems. I hope this is just a reporting issue and that it gets fixed soon. It's 11:26 am PST.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I know a lot of advertisers like to micro-manage their accounts and watch the number closely throughout the day. But it's not really a good use of your time. You are really much better of looking at yesterday's results to analyse and evalutate your campaign activity. Data is not guaranteed to be accurate in real-time.

My recommendation: relax a little, get another cup of coffee. Wait until tomorrow to decide if there is a problem.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

FYI, stats are now caught up, i.e. down to the normal, fairly short delay.  I don't think we exceeded our "within a few hours" guarantee in this case, but I understand it still causes pain for people who like to watch things in real time.

I agree with Pete that watching your stats in real time isn't very useful, though it can be tempting for small advertisers.  Look at entire days, or changes from day to day or week to week.

According to rumor, the root cause here was someone (not a Googler) with a backhoe.

Laura

AdWords engineer