Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adwords Community

As you know there is a comment box to the left of your Status column in the Keywords Section, where you can see if the keywords to an ad is or is not showing, along with 1-3 reasons to help you improve the optimisation of the keywords and ads as well.

Now, I am a bit confused and a bit agitated as my keywords are suddenly not triggering any of my ads. One of the reasons that is shown in the comment box is

“We currently can't determine why your ad isn't showing”

I have not seen that before. it started to appear in my account for over a week ago. I thought it was something temporary, and something google is testing out, as this is something new (I assume its new as I haven’t been able to find any information on google or AdWords)

Even though the QS have been under 5 before, I could increase the CPC to see my ads on the first page again.

Another reason that the ads is not showing might be

"Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one”

But this is not accurate either, as I have tested to pause all the keywords that are similar to each other, so I could narrow down the reasons of why the ads is now showing, but the reasons in the comment box did not change. This was not the case a while back, as they always used to change after a while (and always helped me out to get a better understanding of the keywords and ads)

I always test my ads if they really are live with Ad Preview & Diagnosis tool. However, I don’t see my ads there. Again, this was not the case before as the Ad Preview & Diagnosis tool reflected on the changes I made on the keywords.

The only place I actually see that my ads are live & accruing stats is when I choose verbatim option on Google Search Tools

1. Has this happened to anyone else?
  2. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please help me

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ads not Showing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem.

It sounds like you may be facing a glitch, so I recommend that you reach out to Google support. Instructions are at this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970

Best,

John

Ads not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this issue? I am facing the same issue.

Thanks

Ads not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here. Paused all other campaigns that were in similar niches. All ads approved. QS were all 6. Then I started noticing that they started dropping to 4 and then now a few of them at 2. They are all shorter broader terms. Wondering if that's some kind of meaningful correlation.

Ads not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any one else still have this issue?  I have this despite keywords having a quality score of 10!!! clicks have been dropping off for some big keywords by upto 80%. the weird thing is if i duplicate the ad group into a new campaign with the same settings clicks return.  i know for a fact that it isn't the market that is causing us to lose clicks because our organic traffic for the same search have increased! we've had the google technical team look at the issue, but they are adamant there is no issue.  love to hear from any one else, hopefully with a solution.

Re: Ads not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You must have made a recent change which is affecting the ads. 

Check your remarketing list

Please go to the campaign >>audiences>> +targeting >> select the ad group>> change it to bid only

Ads not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Jeramie C--this was my recent problem.

Ads not Showing

N/A
# 8
N/A

That was it for me too. Thanks for the tip, I would have never found that.