AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads directing to a blank page but destination URL works

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who communicated an error after clicking on one of her ads. The ad directed her to a blank page.

Although, when I used the same keyword and clicked on the ad, it directed me to the fully functioning destination URL.

I'm not sure if this might be one of those "glitch in the system" situations.

Has anybody had an AdWords ad directing to a blank page before?

Regards,

Rudi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads directing to a blank page but destination URL works

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't

Maybe she has an AD Blocker installed

Re: Ads directing to a blank page but destination URL works

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Rudi H wrote:

I have a client who communicated an error after clicking on one of her ads. The ad directed her to a blank page.

Although, when I used the same keyword and clicked on the ad, it directed me to the fully functioning destination URL.

I'm not sure if this might be one of those "glitch in the system" situations.

Has anybody had an AdWords ad directing to a blank page before?

Regards,

Rudi

Hello, Rudi and welcome to our community.

I have never heard of a situation like this, except for situations when the auto-tagging parameter, gclid, was causing the website to crash.

Next time it happens please ask your client to provide you with the full URL, so you can check it "to the letter".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.