AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Ads across entire account (over 40,000) all coming up as not showing due to low ad rank

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello - we have encountered tremendous downturn in one of our largest accounts.  This started mid-October, just around the time when expanded text ads were finalized.  At this point, all ads (over 40,000) all report as not showing due to low ad rank, and/or 'This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings', or 'We currently can't determine why your ad isn't showing'.

However, when we test queries against these ads - they show up just fine.  Using ad preview, the results are sporadic.  In some instances, it will report as not showing - while at the same time showing that same ad rendering within the simulated results.

We spoke to AdWords support, and they said that there was a bug in a new demographics feature that had been recently rolled out.  That was days ago, however and if I know Google - if that were indeed the case it would have been resolved by now.  Also, our SOV is actually up across the campaigns.

Our shopping campaigns are also suffering, and for no rhyme or reason.  Same targeting settings, same top products being emphasized, similar CTR...yet CVR has fallen off the cliff.

Has anyone had any recent similar experience?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ads across entire account (over 40,000) all coming up as not showing due to low ad rank

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for bringing this up . Let me know if you are still having this issue .

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You're welcome.  Unfortunately, yes we are still having this issue.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting point, i do wonder though if in such a large account there isn't some duplicates beneath the cracks which they may show instead.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have cleared out all duplicates.  When we took over the account about 15 months ago, there were over 80,000.  We have since cut things in half.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday we created 4 new ad groups by copying existing ad groups. The campaigns that contain those ad groups, use target device settings to change bid prices for mobiles. We have exactly the same phenomenon that you describe. All keywords of those 4 new ad groups do report "Your keyword has no recent impressions due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score." and "This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings. What can I do?".

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@ACMT67;

I assume this is a search campaign.

Have you removed any demographic targeting or any other beta testing features?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MosheTLV

Thanks for responding.

Yes - these are search campaign(s).  To clarify, we are talking about 30 or so campaigns -- none of which are leveraging demographic targeting and/or other beta testing features.  Demographic data is populating (under 'audiences' -> 'demographics'), however we are not targeting against that data... 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@ACMT67

Interesting... Any seasonality or new competitors?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Definitely seasonality - no new competitors to speak of...