AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adjusting Max CPC Bidding for Display Ad campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm already running a display ad using a video under GDN. It's already getting clicks, impressions and conversions. The targeting is by using custom affinity audience, & also remarketing through a list of people who visited one of my company's old websites, as well as list of people who watched our company's youtube channel videos before.

As the campaign has been running for almost a day now, I could see the AVG CPC is around $0.40. My Max CPC bidding at the moment is set to $1.50. So, the current situation shows, I don't really need to bid that much as the AVG CPC is lower. So, I should reduce my Max CPC bid. Perhaps lowering to $1.00? Would this be good?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ads c
November 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You should then reduce your bid incrementally I would start reducing by say 20% let it run two days and then take readings & reduce again, additionally check your frequency lower this if you want to reach a larger audience. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ads c
November 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You should then reduce your bid incrementally I would start reducing by say 20% let it run two days and then take readings & reduce again, additionally check your frequency lower this if you want to reach a larger audience. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Agree with Mike, reduce it but keep a very close eye on performance changes, including the time of the day when it shows.