AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adds not showing results - will those ones affect historically Quality Score?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, 

We have some Ads that are nor showing any results - zero clicks, therefore, zero quality score. I am just wondering if having them would affect somehow our historical Quality Score.  Is it bad to have them on Adwords Account? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aura C
June 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aura

No, having an ad with no clicks/impressions and thus having a zero QS doesn't affect the historical QS. QS is determined only based on ads/keywords that have received some impressions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aura C
June 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Aura

No, having an ad with no clicks/impressions and thus having a zero QS doesn't affect the historical QS. QS is determined only based on ads/keywords that have received some impressions.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

QS is a keyword metric, so if the ad does not perform well, the question is which keyword triggered the ad. I typically pause ads with low impressions. 

So, the question to be asked is do you have any KWs with low QS which do not convert?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great to know. I though that might be the case. Thanks a lot.