Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adding multiple postcode radius locations in Australia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody!

I want to add multiple postcode radius locations so I can adjust bids on them.

This is simple to do manually but I want to add a couple of thousand.

eg

2.0km around postcode 2088 means a 50% bid adjustment

2.0km around postcode 3190 means a 50% bid adjustment

2.0km around postcode 2067 means a 50% bid adjustment

etc

Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks very much

David

Re: Adding multiple postcode radius locations in Australia

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi David,

I'm pretty sure the bulk upload isn't familiar with Australian postcodes yet so don't think there is an easy way to do this.

Do you think you have enough granular data to make a call at postcode level in Australia? I know our IP targeting is pretty poor compared to the US and I've had problems with some very small localized campaigns in the past due to this.

One way I've tried to overcome it is to create a separate geographic campaign with a much wider location targeting area. You just make sure you append the location to the start or end of the keywords. This can help capture more people that may be slightly outside your ideal location targeting area but confirming their location intent in the keyword.

If you can do it with towns instead of postcodes, you would have a much better chance ;-)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
For the same % you can probably select these different postal codes under settings and click set bid adjustment and make changes
For different %ages, i think it'll have to be done manually.
If you want to preview the changes before making it across all the 1000, there's an option for that too in the account before saving the changes
it should start reflecting for the chosen locations in 1 hour if not instantly. Such changes the system might take some time to get it in effect

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Hitesh,

We can do postcode targeting at a basic level (advanced, postcode using radius) but in Australia we can't upload postcodes to bulk or the API for mass changes.

It's a lot of work to do it manually so I think town and state targeting, combined with geographic term campaigns with a broader location radius work best in AUS

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Oh okay,I read Australia after posting my suggestion.I don't know about Australia,sorry for wrong info.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
No problem mate, there's so much info out there it's impossible to know every policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much ... I suspected there wouldn't be a great way to do this.

Purefuzz, we do have the granular data at our end and I didn't realise IP targeting in Australia was poor. However we were going to use these data as bid adjustments rather than yes/no so not a disaster if our ad doesn't show. Thanks again guys