Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adding multiple keyword lists to multiple adgroups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I'm trying to add a keyword list to multiple adgroups. I'm seeing this as an option in bulk operations but it seems I have to add each adgroup variation to each keyword (on excel). This seems tedious and I figured there has to be a way around this. Any suggestions is appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Dean D,

To specify the match type for your keywords, you'll need to add a Keyword match type column and put a value for every keyword that you are adding. It can be broad (this is the default), phrase, exact, negative broad, negative phrase, or negative exact. You may find more info on bulk uploads here https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/56501?hl=en .

However, you may find it easier to use Adwords Editor for your bulk edits. It'll save you hours of work in a long termSmiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Eva

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the answer, I'm not referring to match types, though. Rather adding the same keyword list to multiple adgroups.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the answer, I'm not referring to match types, though. Rather adding the same keyword list to multiple adgroups.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm sure you have a good reason (like geo-targeting) for wanting the exact same keyword list for multiple ad groups?

You have a few different ways you can do this, but I believe you can copy/paste the keywords into multiple ad groups inside the UI.

Check the box next to each keyword you want to copy.

Hit the edit menu and choose copy

Go to the ad group tab

Check each ad group you want to add the keywords to.

Edit menu > paste

I say that should work because I have only ever pasted into one ad group (and I went into the ad group to do so), but I imagine it will work from the group tab as well.

Good luck.

David

Re: Adding multiple keyword lists to multiple adgroups

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 6
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Dean D

Sorry, 

I misunderstood youSmiley Happy

If you are uploading your keywords with Adwords Editor, you can add the list of keywords to all your add groups in one click. If you specify Campaign and Keyword columns then your keywords will be added to each ad group of this campaigns. If you have a Keyword column only, your keywords will be added to each ad group across your account.

I think if you make changes using Adwords itself, it will be required to specify ad group in your spreadsheet. 

Another option for you, if you do not want to specify Ad Group, is to upload your keyword list into one ad group and copy/paste the list into all other ad groups that need to have the same list of keywords.

Regards,
Eva