Guide Me
star_border

Adding New Ad Groups

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey, I'm adding in new ad groups.  

I have a CPA campaign going.  

Should I ad the ad groups to the CPA campaign or a new campaign? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding New Ad Groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't see why you can't add them to the current campaign - your CPA will be set by adgroup so you can adjust it as needed.

Maybe someone else can share why it would be a bad idea to do that becuase I can't think of any Smiley Happy

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi TatM,

This is what I do when adding a new AdGroup to an existing CPA campaign.

I initially use a different campaign with manual CPC bidding on the new terms to see what sort of CPA I can achieve.

Once I have some good data (15-30 conversions) I will move them across to the CPA campaigns and set the target CPA that I require based on my previous data.

This also allows you to add or remove any keywords (based on their performance) before adding them to the CPA campaign.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tatm

I'm assuming the new ad groups are related to the CPA campaign you already have going?

Are the keywords new or from other campaigns/adgroups? Sometimes if you put completely new adgroups/keywords into a CPA campaign it can take a while to pick up speed as Google doesn't completely know what to do with it. If they're new you may want to put them in a CPC campaign to get some data on their performance first. This may help you decide what CPA you want to see when you move them into the CPA campaign - it will also give Google a bit more data to work with.

If you do put them into a CPC campaign first you will need to keep in mind that the performance won't be automatically managed so you need to keep a closer eye on them so they don't run away with costs!

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kane