AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Negative Keyword List to 1000+ Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone know a quick way to add a negative list to over a thousand campaigns? Do I really need to select them one by one in the interface? Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom G
September 2015

Re: Adding Negative Keyword List to 1000+ Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to the right of where it says 'Campaigns 17' in Eric's screenshot is an add all arrow >>. If you're adding the list to a 1,000 campaigns, I would hope you could just apply the list to all in this way, other wise, it's one by one.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Tom G

You can use the shared Library to utilize the Negative list across multiple campaigns, this is the fasted and simplistic way for your situation.  Better then opening each campaign, and uploading.

Exclude keywords across campaigns with lists

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453983?hl=en

Now that you've created a negative keyword list, you can add it to multiple campaigns. There are two ways you can share your list:

• Add your negative keyword list to multiple campaigns at once from the Shared library link.
  • Add your negative keyword list to one campaign at a time from the Keywords tab.

Add negative keyword lists from the Shared library link:

1. Click the Campaigns tab.
  2. Click the Shared library link in the left navigation bar.
  3. Click Campaign negative keywords.
  4. Select the checkbox next to the negative keyword list you'd like to add to multiple campaigns.

Add to multiple campaigns
  5. Click Add to more campaigns.
  6. Select which campaigns you'd like to add the negative keyword list to. Click the Add link.

Select a campaign
  7. Click Save.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to the right of where it says 'Campaigns 17' in Eric's screenshot is an add all arrow >>. If you're adding the list to a 1,000 campaigns, I would hope you could just apply the list to all in this way, other wise, it's one by one.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric.

My real problem is not being able to add the list to many campaigns at once. There are no filter/apply options it seems, and I have over 1000 campaigns. It looks like I have to select each campaign one by one to add the negative list to them. Doable, but extremely cumbersome. Thoughts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Bossman. Very helpful!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, just a note, the '>>' arrow only shows up when you show all campaigns related to your search. It caps at 100, so if you have 150, you need to scroll to the bottom and show the additional 50 campaigns, and then it will allow you to add the list to all of them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I've stumbled upon a solution. When you're ready to apply a list to all campaigns, select one campaign, press the "End" key (assuming you're on a PC) and watch as Adwords selects all your campaigns (I have 1000s in one particular account) and allows you to add these in bulk. Hope it's useful as I was getting ready to add them all one by one!

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This early 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.