AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Add search terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will i reduce my cost on adwords if i use more keywords and i mean using the Search Terms that visitors used to enter my site? More specific will the search term used be cheaper if i put it in my main keywords?

i have used the details in the keywords tab for all search terms found out which terms have been used to enter my site and after that want to know the above i have asked.

thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ανάβασις Φ
September 2015

Re: Add search terms

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

It looks to me you're focusing more on costs and number of clicks, rather than ROI.

@Ανάβασις Φ wrote:
Last month i spend €979.93 and had
Campaign activity: 2321 clicks

This is really subjective. In theory more than 2000 clicks looks good, but imagine this scenario:

AdWords account A - spends £1000 - get 500 clicks - makes £2000 in sales
AdWords account B - spends £1000 - get 2000 clicks - makes £800 in sales

The point here is, you should be aware that a high number of clicks isn't synonymous of a successful campaign. Of course there are some exceptions to this, when companies run branding campaigns with another purposes, but this still applies for most cases.

Since you are new to AdWords, I suggest you try to start focusing more on conversions. Learn how to setup AdWords conversion tracking.

Diogo

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Normally, the broader the match type is, the less you tend to pay for CPC. This happens, simply because with a broad match, you'll be targeting searches with almost no value, which isn't a good thing.

I think you should try to focus more on ROI, rather than cheap CPC. Looking for cheap CPC can be deceiving as you might not any return from "cheap" (the concept of what's cheap varies) keywords.

If you focus on what keywords convert better for your business, you might end up with some good exact matches, but again, "good" means you're getting a good return and not necessarily paying a low CPC.

If you are only looking for low CPC, I suggest you use keyword planner and look for searches with low CPC. And using them as a broad match is normally good to achieve lower CPC's, but again, it's not what I would recommend to achieve a good ROI.

Hope this helps
Diogo

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Diogo C is correct, it's better to concentrate on ROI (Return on Investment) than on click costs.

In my experience, people start wanting to save money on AdWords only when their advertising isn't profitable. If your advertising isn't profitable, targeting lower quality searches is not a strategy that will help. 

I would say to avoid Broad match keywords (use, at most, Modified Broad match), organize your campaign into small, tightly themed Ad Groups, and test different ad text to find the messaging that's most attractive to your potential customers.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hello and thanks for your replies.
I do not thing that is bad am i wrong?
Moreover my purpose is not to pay less both ROI.
i am new in adwords - have done my campaign alone- using the google support sites.
Now i want to go a little bid further with negative keywords and selecting more search terms
which could be more specific giving me a higher ROI. Is that not a good method? Which method do you suggest?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another think i want to add here. Now i am looking the search terms and found out that some of them with high impression and clicks are not in my list if i put them this will improve my ROI?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Something else is it a good method to ask my customers what keyword they used to find us in google? having that information and using also that keywords will help me in ROI?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ανάβασις Φ
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

It looks to me you're focusing more on costs and number of clicks, rather than ROI.

@Ανάβασις Φ wrote:

This is really subjective. In theory more than 2000 clicks looks good, but imagine this scenario:

AdWords account A - spends £1000 - get 500 clicks - makes £2000 in sales
AdWords account B - spends £1000 - get 2000 clicks - makes £800 in sales

The point here is, you should be aware that a high number of clicks isn't synonymous of a successful campaign. Of course there are some exceptions to this, when companies run branding campaigns with another purposes, but this still applies for most cases.

Since you are new to AdWords, I suggest you try to start focusing more on conversions. Learn how to setup AdWords conversion tracking.

Diogo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i will go through the articles about ROI and conversion tracking and come back with further questions
thanks both of you you are very helpful

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you are only looking for low CPC, I suggest you use keyword planner and look for searches with low CPC. And using them as a broad match is normally good to achieve lower CPC's, but again, it's not what I would recommend to achieve a good ROI.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wnt to know how to fix an add in google.

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove an unnecessary URL.