AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

#AdWordsTC - How harm/beneficial are price extensions for high price products?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey there,

Mai Molina here, Spanish Top Contributor.

The other day I asked all international #AdwordsTC their opinion about a topic using the previous hashtag.

This was the question and the experts’ answers:

How harm/beneficial are price extensions for high price products?

• It gives an additional exposure and viewability to ads. I am using it on all my ecom. clients, everyone else should - @ratanjha
  • I agree, especially for mobile device because you will take over the screen. - @NBengoetxea
  • Extensions are great like the others mentioned, Price would be a factor, best price YES, not so competitive maybe not - @spencerwade
  • If the pricing is competitive then yes. If not then it might be deter people unless there is a strong value prop. - @KimClink 
  • These extensions could prevent clicks from users who are not really going to pay that price. - @CarlosDavid_MKT 
  • I like the idea! Why not help rule out traffic from unqualified buyers? ‏- @shaneek 
  • PS - Wish they could show pics though! - @shaneek
  • In fact, seems they are testing it. https://twitter.com/sengineland/status/801243986451173377@MaiMolina_ 
  • I like it. I'd love to see shopping feeds pulled in to the price ext.- @shaneek

Did you test your price extensions? Do you think the high prices could harm your ad for being clicked?

If you want to know what do the AdWords Experts think about different topics use the hashtag #AdWordsTC!

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey

Great topic

I have found that in particular on mobile Price extensions have had a really beneficial impact if implemented tightly under the right conditions. The real estate taken can be a huge benefit on CTR. I have also found however, interestingly, sometimes if a lower priced item within the extension is advertised the average order value can also perhaps pre condition visitors to some extent. This is by no means proven but i thought id share some observations I have seen with accounts. There are of course many other variables to consider which may have impacted performance. I have also noticed, for example, a higher priced item can often lead to a reduced CTR but the ones that do come to the site, often convert at a higher rate which is understandable. This again varies by price point and type of search - specific vs more generic for example. I have found mobile extensions to work particularly well for services offered by local businesses. This is a huge subject it will be interesting to learn other insights Smiley Happy

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey James,

very detailed answer.

Thank you very much for your feedback! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Great question and great responses. Thanks for taking the time to share the results! @MaiMolina

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks to you for taking part and sharing @Spencer_Wade .

Smiley Happy))